cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting Scenario- supplying components to the vendor PPMs&TLanes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

we have a requirement to setup subcontracting scenario using PPM. (not linked to ECC system)

Can you please explain how the Transportation lanes & PPM should be setup.

here is what i am doing :

1. setup vendor location and create PPM in vendor location(resources from subcontracting plant are referred)

2. Tlanes (with subcontracting flag checked )are created for components from  subcontracting plant-> vendor.

when i run multilevel heuristics dependent demand for the components are not getting created in vendor location & i created some requirements in RRP3 to check if the Tlane is working. but it is not.

Please help me with the master data setup.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm70/helpdata/en/71/78573da974c729e10000000a11402f/content.htm

You can see the above link.

I think it is to do with your master data.

1) Subcontracting PIR in ECC

2) FG T lane from subcontractor to Plant

3) Comp Tlane from plant to subcontractor

4) PPM/PDS at subcontracting location

5) Product master FG at Subcon location

Regards,

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Have you created  Transportation Lane for the  Finished Good  from Vendor location (source) to the Plant (destination) ?  This T Lane will of the type Subcontracting.

You have mentioned about T Lane for components from Plant to Subcon location(vendor). Please note this will not be of the type "Subcontracting" and this will be of standard type.

Please check.

regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

Here are few things you might want to try first.

To make sure PPM is working fine at vendor location, just create forecast on component at vendor location and run Heuristics. This will clarify if PPM is set up correctly.

If it does then in T Lane make sure the components are assigned, validity dates, duration are set up correctly. (Including direction for T lane)

Make sure the procurement types are correct at different levels of PPM. If i understand your scenario correctly, the part at vendor should have E and part at plant should have F.

I would first try with series of heuristics , first at Plant and then at vendor to make sure master data is fine and then try multilevel heuristic.

Thanks,

Sai