cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Wily RTV Dashboard - How to check the server nodes which doesn't respond ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using Solman 7.1, with Wily RTV version, the IS agent version is 8.2...

Recently, we faced an issue in which one of the server node (in dialog instance 1), stopped responding to any user request. The heap usage was not full.

Since we have got more than 10 productive systems, and each has 2-4 dialog instances with 2 server nodes each, we are not able to identify which server nodes are active and which are crashed or inactive thru wily Dashboard. It's easy for us to monitor the peaks, like whether any server uses high CPU, or http sessions growth..etc., but can't find out which server node is crashed.

Question:

1. Is there a way in wily RTV Dashboard (console), where we can find out which any server node is not responding ?

We can use Investigator, but considering the amount of dialog instances and server nodes we have, its difficult for us to go inside each server nodes and check, its very time consuming since we have to monitor it daily.

Regards

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can monitor multiple console sessions and set the Lens (aka the filter) to only display certain systems, then you would only need to keep track of which filters were put in place on the various console windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billy Warring thank you for ur reply. I am aware the usage of lens. My question is how do I find which server nodes are inactivity? like sometimes the server node becomes irresponsive, how to detect those from the dashboard?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh, so it sounds like you are interested in SolMan Self-Monitoring alerts (which are a little clunky imho, lack of setting thresholds and what not), or you can monitor the host level for SAP Host Agent availability/SAP Host Agent Web Service Availability/SAP OsCol Web Service Availability.

I think for the System monitoring, SAP OsCol will be the ideal choice, in most of my cases System and instance information stop collecting when OsCol starts failing.  But this could be typical in a Windows/Windows SQL environment.

If you are looking for alerting specifically from Introscope, then you will probably need to change from the RTV license.