cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use 2D Barcode in Adobe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am working on 2D barcode for the first time.

My requirement is to display Production Order data in a 2D barcode.

If someone can help with a sample program on how to create a 2D barcode, it will be useful.

Thanks

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tisha_dharod
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

I am facing similar issue .

Could you please let me know how did you resolve this issue .

Thanks

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

2D barcode is nothing but, another field in barcode format. 

While creating form, instead of selecting normal fields, select a 'BARCODE' field.  Choose which type of barcode you want to use.  Just like binding normal field, bind required field to barcode.   In barcode, choose 'Embed Below' option.  This helps to verify data in barcode. 

thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks or your response.

My requirement is I need to embed 34 different data into one 2D barcode (barcode type, barcode  ver, sales order no, production order no, cust etc.,)

I have extracted all the data and have concatenated using Record Separator {RS} , Group Separator {GS} , End Of Transmission {EOT} into a single field.

I have included PDF417 type barcode in the layout and have binded it to the concatenated field.

But when I generate the form, the 2D barcode is coming blank.

Any clue on what I miss?

Regards

Anand

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Use same formula which you are using for concatenation and display in a normal text field and check if it is displaying value correclty.  (Just to make sure that formula is correct). 

also I guess, there is a limitation in number of characters for that barcode.  I am not sure about the number of characters. 

Thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I am actually using Datamatrix type of barcode.

From the driver I am passing the following data to the datamatrix barcode

"[)>{RS}06{GS}POL{GS}001{GS}{GS}{GS}HC-TH8TA8SL8-NO-PARSE{GS}5100-038{GS}Part Description{GS}0000000411{GS}{GS}{GS}{GS}{GS}{GS}{GS}{GS}100000093{GS}1{GS}{GS}{GS}

{GS}US{GS}1030{GS}EA{GS}{GS}CAPTL{GS}3000000576{GS}{GS}7.00{GS}{GS}{GS}{GS}{GS}{GS}{RS}{EOT}"

I think the data format which I am passing is wrong and that's the reason the Barcode is not getting generated. If you have a sample driver, kindly share it with me please.

Thanks

Anand

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

just develop a empty form with your barcodefield. Then give the default value your string and see what happens...

If your barcode is not shown correct, then delete the {} first. I think this is the problem.

But you just can find the specificas of your barcode by searching the web. There are that much sites out there, you will find it by yourself.

Regards

Florian

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Interface of ADS is xml data (UTF-8 encoding). In this case, we can't send Hex value within XML data. So first you need to send data for each part.

You need to parepare script to concatenate with these seperated data and 'Group Separator'.

Sample JavaScript code for Barcode

var lv_rs = String.fromCharCode(30);

var lv_gs = String.fromCharCode(29);

var lv_eot = String.fromCharCode(04);

this.rawValue = START_2D.rawValue;

this.rawValue = this.rawValue.concat(lv_rs, TYPE_2D.rawValue, lv_gs);

If you use this way, it is possible to add 'group separater' into PDF and ZPLoutput.

Regards,

Diego