Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger ToC import into test system for ZMHF

FransLelieveld
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am implementing ChaRM for a firm that does not want to have release management. I managed to ge that working using Urgent Change documents (ZMHF) and using the ZAP1 variant (copy of SAP1) for the task list. All works fine if we release the transport. The transport is released via a job, import is executed into the test system and status is set from E0002 (In Development) to E0011 (to be tested by consultant).

However, we would like to use the Transport of Copy facility.

To be able to handle that, I included 2 new tasks in the variant ZAP1 of the task list to execute the Transport of Copy: the fist entry to release and export the ToC in the Development system and another action to import the ToC into the Test system.

Also I included 2 actions depending on status E0011, 1 to copy and release the ToC, 1 to import the transport:

When I process the ZMHF the ToC is created, released and exported but it is not imported into the Test system. It gives errors saying not all transports are released. When I subsequently release the transport, I get 2 imports into the test system, the actual transport and also the ToC transport.

I guess that the error is generated by action IMPORT_TEST.which probably is meant for importing released transports.

My question is: how can I trigger the task in the task list Import ToC  and is program TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMP_COPY the right program to import a ToC.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As already mentioned, you should use transaction type for normal corection which is SMMJ or z* or Y* copy for your case

SAP has delivered 2 different type of correction for deploying changes

normal for regular release and has ToC concept

urgent for immediate corrections

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use Urgent Corrections there is no reasons for ToC's because in Urgent Correction you always can reset in Development even if its in Production.

And also you mixing up customization, don't recommend to do this.

If you change its so deeply it will be hard for you in future when SP upgrade comes.

May you just better add some additional status ?

Please explain use of Toc's in Urgent Correction and what type of GAP you see if you use Urgent Correction without Toc's?

Rg Dan