cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How customize alerts for tasks in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

How can I customize an alert? I need to customize an alert when a task is completed. At that moment, the alert should be sent an e-mail automatically to the responsible resource with a standard text.

I think it’s probable in ALRTCATDEF, but I don't know how I can do it.

Regards!

Javier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

We had the similar requirement in PPM 5.0 and we have used workflow for the same like Zhenbo Wang suggested. In order to do so, You can use BUS2175 (business object for task) and extend it as per your requirements. Then create a workflow on the 'COMPLETE' event of this BO. You can use the SENDMAIL option of workflow. But if you are sending mail to the external mailbox (like Lotus Notes, Outlook etc), this option might not work properly; in that case you can use cl_bcs class for sending mail.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

no, it is in standard not possible.

At moment, alert is triggered for the following 3 cases:

1. Severity violation

2. Multiple project management

3. Checklist item.

As work around is to set the task with certain severity, as it is completed. So that the an alert is triggered.  Surely the configuratin alert for severity should be set up correctly.

Alternative is implement a workflow for completion, template for task release is already existing. You need only a slight change.

P.S: An alert will be triggerd, if the API
'SALRT_CREATE_API' is called.  You can therefore somewhere in your enhancement to trigger it, if you donot like work flow.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Zhenbo,

Regards

Javier