cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Xi 3.1 Unable to connect to SIA/CMC after the move of the CMS Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My purpose is to move the CMS database of server 1 to server 2.

The server 1 must be off.

Server1

CMS DB:SQLServer2005

Server2 = BO XI 3.1 Server

CMS DB:SQLServer2000

FRS:Input/Output

After moving the CMS and Audit databases, I modified the ODBC connexion (32) in the CCM application.

Now, I can't connect to the CMS database in the server2 in SIA/CMC.

I have this message:

"Unable to connect: unable to connect to server2:port. Verify that the server name is correct and that works"

I tried this connection in Excel. The result is right. I extracted data on the CMS database of server2.

The connexion with the old CMS database in server1 is always OK.

What's the issue ? What's the solution ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

CF

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour,

Mon objectif est de déplacer la base de données du CMS d'une serveur1 vers un serveur2.

Le serveur1 doit être arrêté.

Serveur1

Base de données du CMS: SQLServer2005

Serveur2 : serveur dédié à BO XI 3.1

Base de données du CMS: SLQServer2000

FRS: FileStore/Input et FileStore/Output

Une fois les bases de données du CMS et d'Audit déplacés sur le serveur2, j'ai modifié la connexion ODBC (32) au niveau de l'application CCM.

Maintenant, je ne peux pas me connecter au serveur2 depuis le SIA/CMC.

J'obtiens le message suivant:

"Connexion impossible : impossible de se connecter au serveur serveur2:port. Vérifiez que le nom du serveur est correct et qu'il fonctionne"

J'ai testé la connexion dans Excel. Le test est concluant. J'ai extrait des données de la base du CMS du serveur2.

La connexion avec l'ancienne base du CMS du serveur1 fonctionne toujours.

Quel est le problème ? Quelle est la solution ?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

CF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matus,

According the supported platform, MS-SQLServer 2000 isn't supported with BO XI 3.1 SP6

This discussion is closed for me.

Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Carole

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

matus_petrek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Carole,

you mentioned 2 servers, server1 with MSSQL 2005 and server2 where BO is installed and also MSSQL 2000 - is this typo? Not 2005?

As I understood, you dettached CMS DB on server1 and attached it on DB server2 (move), was DB on server2 previously part of BO configuration or you just installed it to be able to move DB from server1?

Did you change data source correctly? Where exacly did you modify ODBC connection in CCM?

Check its configuration via Central Configuration Manager - right click on SIA node and Properties -> tab Configuration. Is this the place you've changed it?

Also, you said you moved DB, but connection to old DB server still works, even after you've adjusted data source configuration? How come? DB on server1 should be offline already, not?

Please explain in details.

Regards,

Matus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matus,

Thanks for your answer.

On server1, there is SQLServer2005 and on server2, there is SQLServer2000. This isn't typo.

Today, the BO configuration is: CMS and Audit databases on server1 and BO server on server2.

I must move the CMS database because the server1 will be off.

So, I dettached CMS DB on server1 and attached it on DB server2 (move).

Any new BO configuration.

I created new ODBC connection on server2.

I modified it via CCM on SIA node in Configuration tab.

On server1, CMS and Audit databases didn't remove.

For me connecting on CMS database on server1, I modified the ODBC connection via CCM on SIA node.

Have you an idea where is the issue ?

Carole

matus_petrek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Carole,

but how can you expect to get working MSSQL database from server1 with version 2005 on server2 with version 2000? It has to be same database release! CMS tables were created in version 2005 so I really doubt this can work in 2000 correctly. It surprises me you even got some results via Excel..

You say that data source change was done successfully? Which options exactly you used to remap data source?

If this doesn't work you could try to create new SIA node.

Regards,

Matus

matus_petrek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Carole,

just to follow up, can you update the thread?

Regards,

Matus