cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Error Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sales order is generated from the PO send via IDoc by customer. But sometime due to problem like superseded P/N with in PO, Sales order does not get created. Many times there are 20-50 line items but due to 1 single line items error Sales order does not get generated. How can that be solved. Also is there any other way that we can reprocess the IDoc Automatically by replacing the Superseded P/N with some dummy P/N and block the delivery using user exits, if so please let me know how we can do. Or if you have any suggestions would appreciate..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I assume by suspended, you mean materials that we no longer active. I do not know your business process, but here are my thoughts based on my assumtions. Assuming that the customer sends you a PO vie EDI with a non-active material, if you create the sales order without that material, then an additional sales order will need to be created or a human will need to go an maintain the sales order manually. I believe that the best process in this case would be to fail the entire IDOC and send an error email to the end user. So the user can: (1) maintain material determination/substitute; (2) change/maintain the sales order created from PO; (3) as the customer to resend the EDI with appropriate data. Listed based on level of recommendation.

"Also is there any other way that we can reprocess the IDoc Automatically by replacing the Superseded P/N with some dummy P/N and block the delivery using user exits, if so please let me know how we can do. Or if you have any suggestions would appreciate.."

You do not need to maintain a dummy material. You simply need to maintain the material determination (VB11). So when the IDOC PO comes with an non-active material, then it will be changed at the SO level by the system.

Hope it helps,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there are errors SO will be created. If you are thinking to bypass this then PO and SO will not be in sync there will be discepancy. In you case my guess is to make change to PO and then regenearate the Idoc. Meaning if there is a superseeded P/N in PO delete that P/N (if applicable) and regenarate the new Idoc. this new idoc will create new SO. Hope you understood

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what "superseded P/N" is, but the only way to do that would probably be through the EDI user exit VEDA0001. Depending on what specific errors occur, you might have to replace the actual PO data with "dummy" data (just to post the order) and move the actual data to, say, a text field.

Authorized users may also change the IDoc data directly in WE02/05 transaction.

Both options have certain risk involved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to write logic to ignore Superseded P/N in Idoc program and create order for remaining items, but there is a discrepancy from customer PO and order created. Discuss with ABAPer for this requirement.