cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field to capture changes on sales order line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client want to give reason for change at item level. Need a manual entry to this field.

Which field I can use to capture these reasons?

TS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from what Ravin has rightly pointed out, you might really have to give the reason to capture such field usage.

Is there a specific field or set of fields that the client wants you to capture for this change ??

There might be other ways to address this.

I think the simple thing might be client education saying that the Environment > Changes stuff captures every action of changing fields after the Sales Order Initial Creation has happened.

If your client wants to capture changes which are made by changing the default field values, while creating the order that is a different issue and I think not possible to capture.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

TS,

Since one can make numerous changes at the line item level, there is no one field dedicated to track these changes. You could use the text field at the item level to log the changes.

You can check the changes made to any document by clicking on the Environment>>Changes while viewing the sales order in VA03.

Also explore the tables CDHDR and CDPOS which track the changes at the header and item level respectively for a sales order.

Thanks,

Ravin