cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI Cancellation Error for cost variance

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an issue in cancelling an PGI document from vl09 for historical data as shown in the below screen shot, in assigning a co object for price variance GL, and I asked the CO and MM consultants and they told me this should not happen, as I am reversing a document with the same quantity of materials and the same cost and it must reverse the same GL's in the PGI in the same period (No price difference), I checked the changes in everything (Material Cost, Material Qty's in the outbound delivery (no fractions), the alternative unit of measures) no changes happened on any of the materials found in the outbound delivery.

Although I tested the same case for without any changes on other server copied from the production and I didn't get any problem although this case happens on the production server alot but not always.

So can anyone help me with that, and tell me another reason to .

Thanks in advance for your help.

jayak
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am also facing same issue. Was there any solution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error message clearly shows it is related to FI and your FI team needs to look into this. Anyway, to overcome from your issue, already a suggestion has been given to maintain the default Cost Center.  Alternatively, go to KA02 enter the Controlling area, give the G/L acoount No and select "Default Acc Assgmnt" tab  and enter Cost centr and save.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Dear G Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your reply, I know that the GL needs co object, but this is a price variance GL which must not appear as for example when we made PGI the GL's were Credit Inventory 10 and Debit COGS 10, and when we make reverse PGR the GL's must be reversed without any variance, it can't be Debit inventory 10, credit COGS 9.9 and credit Price variance 0.1, although this is not a general case and it happens only in some materials at some times not all the times, and this materials doesn't contains any changes in the Cost in the material master or any other thing, and the variance always 0.01.

Thanks for your cooperation,

michael_tuan
Explorer
0 Kudos

3030400000 is a cost center ,so you need define a  default co object.   you can try it in  OKB9 .  thank you.

0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your reply, I know that the GL needs co object, but this is a price variance GL which must not appear as for example when we made PGI the GL's were Credit Inventory 10 and Debit COGS 10, and when we make reverse PGR the GL's must be reversed without any variance, it can't be Debit inventory 10, credit COGS 9.9 and credit Price variance 0.1, although this is not a general case and it happens only in some materials at some times not all the times, and this materials doesn't contains any changes in the Cost in the material master or any other thing, and the variance always 0.01.

Thanks for your cooperation,