Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File (FTP) Channel error

former_member309357
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a IDOC- FILE scenario in using PI 7.1. Configured receiver File Adapter with Transport Protocol : FTP and used Connection Security too.

But whenever I am triggering and IDoc, getting the channel error:

"File processing failed with Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool:                     com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: FTPEx: Control               connection prematurely closed by server"

I have also tried using data connection both Active and Passive.

Please give your valuable feedback to solve this issue, bit urgent.

Many thanks in advance Gurus...

Thanks

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member309357
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Now we have new certificates provided by client and successfully deployed into our PI system. But whenever I am sending the file to that FTP Server getting the error : Connection refused. Please find the logs below:

Connecting to FTP Server "ftp.demo.XXXX.com"

Write to FTP Server "ftp.demo.XXXX.com" , directory "/", file "pocreateXXXXx.xml"

Transfer: "BIN" mode, size 5080 bytes, encoding.

File processing failed with java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Adapter Framework caught exception: Connection refused

Delivering the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "ftp.demo.XXXX.com": java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused.

The message status was set to NDLV.

Experts, please help me on this. Its an emergency issue which I need to resolve.

Thanks

Ravi

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please issue connection refuse can occur because of many reason

1. Please check the certificate path
  2. Verify the server address and connection mode (Some FTP does not support passive connection)
  3. Verify the port of FTP server
  4. Ask the basis team to ping FTP server from Common prompt, you can check if the server is reachable from your PI server.

regards,

Harish

former_member309357
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response Harish, Please find below my comments

1. How can  check the certificate path? It was successfully installed by BASIS team.

2. I have also tried with passive connection, still doesn't work

3. We are using port 21 and which is opened at the server.

4. Ping command is disabled due to some security issue, we are able to do telnet from our PI server.

Please give me your valuable inputs further.

Thanks

Ravi

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please varify your configuration and refer the below blog

I think you need to change the port to 22. Please refer the below discussion and blog

and please provide more trace of the error. you can check NWA java logs for trace.

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should be fine with the port 21 FTPS. 22 is for SFTP

former_member309357
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Earlier the issue was due to mismatch of ip name in the CN of certificate and ip used in the channel. I requested client to provide new certificate.

After providing new certificate, we imported in PI Keystore but now I am getting the error "unknownhostexception".

telnet is working fine from PI System to that IP. But whenever I am trying to testing through filezilla by connecting clients network via vpn. I am getting this unknown host error.

The issue I am facing from more than a month. Gurus could you please provide your valuable inputs to check from basis or network team so that I can reach for the same.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks

Prashanth

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Try to contact with FTPS administrators, that error could be a firewall issue. Have you tried to do a telnet to the port?. Check Michal Krawczyk's blog

Regards.

former_member309357
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

Yes we have did telnet for the same and its successfully connecting to Server.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just a thought - did u added ur CN name in PI's host file??

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member309357
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

Could you please let me know where I can find the PI's host file.

Thanks

Ravi..

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It depends about your PI OS , check this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/2011340

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can't able to recall exact path becoz it's at the server level, but u can ask ur BASIS folks to check the same.

Edited - At OS level, host file is present under "/etc" path.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What is the port that you are using? is the firewall port open on the PI server?

Can you try connecting through file zilla with configured details?

former_member309357
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

When I am trying to connect from File zilla getting error: ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server, and I am using the port 990.

Able to connect using ftp command but not able to ping in command prompt using ping command.

Thanks

Ravi.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi -As you are using FTPS,  Can you validate your configuration aganist the below blog?

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26940

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check the question #19 in the SAP note # 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 File Adapter

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please check the below discussions

Unable to create new pooled resource error for ... | SCN

FTP error-Unable to create new pooled resource:... | SCNhttps://scn.sap.com/thread/1143071

Please check the comment in first discussion

Please do following settings.

1. Increase the consumer threads for file adapter.

2. Increase the concurrency in receiver communication channel.

3. Set poolWaitingTime in receiver communication channel.

Refer SAP Note: 821267

Regards,

Harish