Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts are not generated interactively

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am generating alerts by background job then it is OK but when I try to run it interactively from the planning book,the alerts are not generated.

What could be the reason.

Please be informed that when I try to run interactively, I uncheck the option of "No Direct Execution"..

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhat,

There are lot of valid inputs already being shared by other experts. Please do check on those points.

Besides you can consider below (Important) points as well which are based on my experience/learning with Alerts. Since its DB alerts based on Macro -

1. Alert will be displayed in the planning book/Dataview for which alerts was generated. Meaning, Planning Book/Dataview specified in Alert Macro should be used for working with Alerts interactively.

2. Your selection condition/profile should have same levels selected which are used as Aggregation levels in DP Alert Backgrd job

3. If Aggregation Levels of your job say for e.g. is Product, Location, Customer then the Selection Profile should also contain Product, Location, Customer. If its for all CVCs the you can maintain in Selection Profile Product as 1 to 99999999 and same thing for the rest.

Please let me know if about input helps.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Did you assign "Alert Profile " when you go interactively?

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Would be useful to know a bit more about your scenario, if these are DB Alerts or Dynamic, if you are in Change or Display mode, what Events the Alert Macro is associated with, do other macros need to execute first etc

If your are in Display mode you will need to check the box "DB Alerts in Display Mode".

Regards

Ian

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ian for your response.

These are DB alerts and I am in display mode.

There is no any events associated. There are simple KF calculation and and based on the condition we need to have alerts. These are independent macros.

Where to check the "DB Alerts in Display Mode" ?

Regards,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the macro header itself, it is in the section "Settings for Execution" as a checkbox at the bottom of the section.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether Alert profile is assigned to the data view. Go to the Settings ==> Assign Alert profile.

Regards,

Mukesh

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukesh for your reply.

Yes the alert profiles are assigned to the Data View.

Regards,

Prabhat