cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A query about adapter engine and advanced adapter engine

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

I just want to know, even when IS has a central adapter engine will PI has non centralized AE as well or this non centralized adapter engine actually corresponds to other SAP systems containing AE. Will that be the same for AAE as well ? I mean if IS has one centralized AAE, will it have another AAE (non centralized) or AE ?

Also can IS have both centralized AAE and non centralized AE ?

Thanks,

Ajeya G V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

The de-central Adapter engine doesnt mean another PI, it means another java engine where you could use to have lower message traffic in the central adapter engine.

Also can IS have both centralized AAE and non centralized AE ?

As per my knowledge, i would ask yes, but one no-central adapter engine can belong only one IS. (no central AAE will be more usual).

Note: AAE is the java adapter for PI 7.1X, and 7.3 double stack, AE <= 7.1. AEX for 7.31 single stack.

Regards.

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki for the reply.

So you are saying that in a PI system, there can be both AAE as well as AE ? (I am aware that only one of them can be central) or are you saying that from 7.1 onwards there is no AE but only AAE ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From PI7.1, SAP has started calling AE as AAE (Advanced adapter engine) because AAE has local message processing capabilities (i.e using ICO) in addition to classical message routing. So don't get confused between AE and AAE.

>>So you are saying that in a PI system, there can be both AAE as well as AE

When dual stack (for ex PI7.1) system is installed AAE will automatically gets registered with IE.

>>Are you saying that from 7.1 onwards there is no AE but only AAE ?

Yes

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki and Amit for the help.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

I wanted to point one thing more, that may be i haven't explain well, when the old XI 3.0 systems or PI 7.0 became to migrate to PI 7.1 (with different architecture), SAP let to have a de-central adapter engine in the old architecture, i mean AE, although they recommended to migrate to AAE. Dont confuse that with the central adapter engine in 7.1 where AAE version is the unique allowed.

Regards,

Answers (0)