Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NwSapSetup - deployment x32/x64

Vincent_06
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have now some workstations using XP and others using Seven. I use SapSetup server to deploy SAP Logon 7.30.

I wanted to set a central configuration file using registry entry "ConfigFileOnServer", but since the path to this registry value is different from XP and Seven, I need to script it in order to detect if the system is XP or Seven.

I wanted to keep it simple using the scripting available in SapSetup, so I added this on the installation and update end :

If NwEngine.Shell.RegValueExist("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAP Shared\SAPsourcedir") Then

NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\ConfigFileOnServer", "REG_EXPAND_SZ", "\\share\SAP\SapLogonTree.xml"

Else

NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\ConfigFileOnServer", "REG_EXPAND_SZ", "\\share\SAP\SapLogonTree.xml"

End If

But the registry entries are not written in neither cases.

Any ideas ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

I am working on a deployment for 32/64-bit Windows 7 Desktops.  We used a small script to change the location for the update server.  On the desktop these changes do need Administrator  authorization.  So I concur with Jann.

Vincent_06
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jann, Daniel, I managed to solve the problem this morning, I doble checked LSH, even though it was saying distribution service active, I think there was an issue with it as after enabling it again, it worked.

I have another issue, but I'll make a new post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set it with the follwing:

NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\ConfigFileOnServer", "REG_SZ", "http://server.lan/SapLogonTree.xml"

Do you run the installation command as administrative user?