cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS status not changed to BUDG after Budgeting..

former_member412338
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Here I have a small doubt regarding WBS status.

At the L1 WBS some budget is coming through IM, and as till now i have seen immediately WBS status turns to BUDG & AVAC during budgeting.

But here in this case I cant see the BUDG status as WBS status is only REL, AVAC, So with this status user was trying to create a PR and system throws an error of budget exceeded of full amount of PR value.

I tried to reset the system status to BUDG through OPSX transaction, but coudnt succeed and then I tried to run the CJBN for thr PD and now user can do the PR, But still WBS system status is only REL, AVAC not the BUDG.

Could you guys please throw some light on this issue.

Is it normal behaviour that WBS is not showing the BUDG status.

Thanking you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vindhesh,

As you said BUDG status will be updated in wbs once the budgeting is done in IM. But the budget is at level 1 wbs element and that needs to be distributed to lower level wbs elements. once budget distribution is done to lower levels in cj30, the BUDG status will be updated.

Thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the WBS element against which you are trying to create doesnt carry budget, then its status will be only REL (as it is released).

You have activated AVAC on project, and the parent WBS element carries the budget, so when you try to create the commitment/ actual on the lower WBS element (which is only REL and AVAC), it tries to consume the budget from the WBS in its superior hierarchy which is budgeted.

You cannot set the status to BUDG unless you distribute the budget to it from its superior.

Lets give a try, once the budget is distributed from IM to L1 WBS, then open CJ30 and save the structure and see if same behaviour repeats. You can only see assigned value on WBSE which is budgeted.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

ONly WBS that have assigned budget have status BUDG. In other case WBS budgeted also have AVAC ( and this activate the AVAC in their child WBS),

Then it is normal have AVAC and not BUDG status if your WBS level > 1 ( be in mind that it is possible create PR because the budget check will be in the superior element ).

Then the reason the system doesn't let create PR is not related to BUDG..

REgatds

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Make sure that the budget is distributed to child wbs elements and it is not accumulated to header wbs only.

Thanks