cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Data Among Different Repositories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everybody knows that each respository can contain only one master table. So for Vendor, Materials, Products, Customers etc. we have to create the different respository for each type of master data.

My question is: "Is it possible to share the data among different repositories?". I mean can a field in Materials respository lookup the data from Vendor repository?

I appreicate prompt responses.

Regards,

Shahid Nadeem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid

As of the current release it is not possible to link up repositories or use them as a look up. This is one of the drawbacks when compared to other products like Tibco CIM.

Arvind

Reward helpful answers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of now this is not possible. You would have to ape the same data structure in the diffrerent repository.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

You <b>cannot</b> share the data among different repositories directly by using the MDM tools.

But you can use <b>MDM Java API</b> to implement this.

Using Java API log on to Different repositories at the same time and

then you can link data from more than one repository.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

<b>Rashmi Jadhav</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In one of the webinar for SP04 in last December, I have seen using them data from more than one repository by searching parameter. They were using i-views and UWL and all. I am not sure about this. I may be wrong. Please confirm.

Regards,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As Rashmi has said, you can develop an application using API's to extract data & then link them up. But it would not be possible to link the repositotries in the MDM application itself. I had personally asked this question to one of the SAP MDM experts at Teched & received a negative feedback.

Arvind

Reward helpful answers