Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise Values not copied into MIR7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a Problem, It is a dealer procurement where in the po value is inclusive of excise duties.

IN MIGO base values and excise values are split correctly and the MRP indicator is also checked, but the status in miscellaneous tab is inprocess and I can see the PART 1 and PART 2 entries in MIGO(capture and post) doc. now when the user is doing invoice in MIR7 the excise values which are given in MIGO are not added to the tax when they check calculate tax indicator.

Now my question is in MIGO in miscellaneous tab the status is inprocess, Is this the reason that the excise values are not calculated in MIR7?

I have checked the tables.

J_1IEXCDTL   Status is inprocess

J_1IGRXREF  Status is posted

J_1IEXCHDR  Status is inprocess

Kindly help me in this. Am I thinking right? If yes kindly suggest me how to get the taxes calculated in MIR7.

If NO suggest me how to get these values in MIR7.

Thanks and Regards,

Bhanu

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash. Don't post your discussion subject line in all CAPs.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MIR7 or MIRO pl.choose excise tax code ( which is nearest of your dealer excise duties) than system automatically adopt excise duties which you post in MIGO or J1IEX.

Rajesh Chauhan

0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Half of the goods are already received and invoice is posted against it perfectly and now after 10 days or so they received goods and GR is done for the remaining goods. They are using the same tax codes in MIR7 which they have used in the previous invoice but the taxes are not picking in invoice now

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now my question is in MIGO in miscellaneous tab the status is inprocess, Is this the reason that the excise values are not calculated in MIR7?

No it is not.

In case of dealer scenario, system wont automatically populate the tax split in MIRO which you have manually entered at the time of MIGO.

In order to correctly calculate the tax at the time of MIRO, you have to reduce the base amount in MIRO because your PO amount is inclusive of tax, and then select the appropriate tax code.

FYI - We have lot of threads in the Forum explaining step by step on Dealer Scenario.

1104456 - Use of MRP indicator for capturing excise duties from dealer

Now regarding the excise invoice status in J1IEX, what is your setting at excise group level (whether it is multiple GR per excise invoice) ?

Check the below settings

Logistics – General, by choosing Taxes on Goods Movements ® India ® Basic Settings ® Maintain Excise Groups

if everything is OK, may be its a bug in the system, just check if any SAP notes are available to correct the excise invoice status.

If its a account assigned PO, check the below SAP KBA

1726234 - Wrong calculation of excise duty in dealer scenario- MIRO

Thanks n Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi SAP FC,

In reply we have split the amount manually in MIGO and at the time of MIRO we have reduced the base amount according to the base value in migo

IN J1Iex it is multiple GR, Multiple credits as per excise group settings.

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Kindly help me. The issue is still the same.

Regards,

Bhanu

0 Kudos

Do you see the correct values in J_1IGRXREF table? Please check and confirm. Also let us know what is the tax proceudre you are using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhanu

so many times i have faced this Propblem. even in case of capital Goods , we struggle to take 50% credit through J2i8. we have genereted one Z program to make the status as Posted"P" from Blank "inprocess".in tabel J_1iexchdr. there is no solution apart from this, try and revert.

Regards

Maruthi S

0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

The values are copied correctly, we are using TAXINN.

Regards,

Bhanu

0 Kudos

Just compare the J_1IEXCDTL and J_1IGRREF table and ensure all the duties are updated correctly.

If you feel all the values are correctly updated in both the table then have changed the status to "P" in the tables and check MIRO again.

If you still donot get the excise values in MIRO, then ask your programmer to debug the MIRO screen. Function module J_1I4_GET_ACTUAL_DUTY_IN_LIV will help you to check whether the duties are there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you selected only PART 1 entry while posting GRN in MIGO_GR t-code