cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable empty actions on ipad agentry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when working with a list view, if a user selects nothing and then presses a button that is supposed to do an action with the selected item, the application crashes.

This is also the case on Win32 clients, but there we can build in rules to disable the action button if nothing is selected.

On ipad this doesn't work with anything I've tried.

Is there a function/rule that does the job?

Automatically pre-selecting an item in the list doesn't work either, that would've been a satisfying workaround.

The rule that works on a win32 client:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dieter,

So your list screen is configured to allow multi-select, is that your requirement?  Also, what version of Agentry are you using?  Thanks,

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running work manager 5.3 with the latest client on ios.

Multi-select is indeed not possible, but that's not a primary requirement.

The problem is that we want to disable the action button if the user selects nothing.

i.e. a rule where we can say that if user selects nothing, then disable..

Workaround could be that a row is auto selected by navigation and deselect is therefor not possible.

I've tried the auto-select, but doesnt work..

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dieter,

This should be automatic functionality that does not require an enable rule on your action.

So you have a List Screen on iPad.  Make sure on the Actions/Sorting tab that "Allow Multi-Row Select" is turned off.  If the List Screen's collection points to a collection of "Test" objects, then your Action Button's Target should by default say "Selected "Test" Object".  Agentry will then automatically disable the button if no list row is selected.

Is this not the case for you?

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

This helped indeed.

We made 2 versions for ipad and win32 clients.

Ipad doesn't handle the multi select scenario's, so i should've known.

Answers (0)