SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. GMAVC016 While releasing Budget Supplement In Grants Managemnt

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

My client is trying to add supplement to a grant by using T-Code "GM_BDGT_RELEASE - Release Budget". While releasing the supplement the system gives the following "WARNING MESSAGE"

Overall budget of 1,000.00 PKR(GM PB Availability Control) almost exhausted for document item 000001

Message no. GMAVC016

Diagnosis

The current budget consumption is 1,000.00 PKR (GM PB Availability Control) less than the overall budget for the document item 000001. Availability control on outgoing amounts raised this message for the following combination of availability control ledger, fiscal year, and control object:

Please also not that Grant Validity is from "01.05.2013" to "31.12.2013" so the grant is still valid and the posting date for releasing the supplement is 12.12.2013.

Why is the system giving me this warning? there is still a remaining budget of 700 PKR in the target sponsor class.

Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Faizan,

You can use the AVC Overview Report (Tcode GMAVCOVRW) to review the Available budget for the source object. In this case the budget is Almost Exhausted i.e. not exceeded.

A release of the budget assumes there is unreleased budget to be released. So look for unreleased budget in the budget address of the source object.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Faizan,

You can use the AVC Overview Report (Tcode GMAVCOVRW) to review the Available budget for the source object. In this case the budget is Almost Exhausted i.e. not exceeded.

A release of the budget assumes there is unreleased budget to be released. So look for unreleased budget in the budget address of the source object.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Shyam,

let me explain the scenario in detail. Assume that In grant "XYZ" for sponsor class "A_B_C" Budget was posted for 15,000. total budget consumed up till now is 14,300 so the remaining budget is 700. now i want to add supplement of 300 to the same sponsor class. for this i first post unreleased budget of 300. now when i run the report "GMBDGTOVIEW - GM Budget Overview " the system shows that for the said sponsor class a budget of 300 is unreleased. now when i try to release this budget through

-Code "GM_BDGT_RELEASE - Release Budget". While releasing the supplement the system gives the following "WARNING MESSAGE"

Overall budget of 1,000.00 PKR(GM PB Availability Control) almost exhausted for document item 000001

My question is that why is the system giving me this message on releasing the budget? what is the logic behind this?

Regards,

0 Kudos

Faizan,

This message is based on configuration. There are many settings that lead up to the message. This is why I suggested using the GMAVCOVRW report to determine what the system is seeing in the AVC ledger. The GMBDGTOVIEW report will tell you what was posted in the budget and actuals tables. AVC messages on the other hand are based on the AVC ledger tables which are posted after going through the filter settings, control object derivation strategy, profile derivation strategy, etc. To determine the root cause you have to use the AVC report. If you believe your AVC configuration is correct you can reconstruct the AVC ledger tables using GMAVCREINIT and try again.

Thanks

Shyam