cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I download multiple OSS notes?

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I want to download over 200 oss notes, as it is our patching cycle, how can i do that. I know we can download from SAPNOTE t-code. But the problem is that where are these SAP Notes are being downloaded?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No we simply cant let this pc connect to internet for security reasons.

Is this system able to connect to the system where the saprouter is installed ?

BUT! what about the information regarding the notes? Yes, thats right the pdf format about the notes. I would like to have them on my non-internet system as well and that cannot be done by Transport and hence this discussion.

I was able to see the PDF based information that comes with every SAP notes implemented through a transport request in the systems.

Tx SNOTE - Note Browser

It all depends on what you want to achieve through this.

If the need is to read the details that come with the SAP note then you can read the same information using the http://service.sap.com/notes link and not necessarily through the system. You can also view the correction that the note brings in.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Downloading the notes is not the problem as suggested earlier you can do it with the above option.

But applying 200 notes should be done with some panning.

First create an excel sheet and divide the notes in three different area.

Manually implemented

Automatically implemented.

Not applicable.

Then you can short-list and see the prerequisites and then go further.

Can you please let me now why do you want to implement 200 notes.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Its just our patching cycle is long. And we are a in very secure enviroment and so i have to download these and bring over the pc that has no internet connection.

But we usually do this using Transport. But the problem now is the actual pdf notes for each of the OSS Note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to add all the notes to the download basket and then use download manager to download all the notes.

But in this case you will have to check each dependency of the note and will have to get those also as your system .

And we are a in very secure enviroment and so i have to download these and bring over the pc that has no internet connection

Dont you have a working saposs in this system. because Oss rfc will be used to get the notes.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No we simply cant let this pc connect to internet for security reasons.
So that is the reason being we have to download them. Please look at Reagan Benjamin

answer, he gets what I am saying and yes we used to do it with transport, but I want the notes (text) of the note and the details of the note as well , which cannot be transported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Not sure I understand the question, but you can download a whole list automatically with the list option (see attached).  But if you have 200 to apply, why aren't you applying a support pack stack with SUM which will manage it for you?

Regards,

Graham

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

But where are these files being downloaded? the location?

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

In addition to what Graham suggested you can copy and paste all the notes you want to download using the clipboard icon (upload from clipboard / Shift + F12 combination)

This will prevent you from manually entering the notes one by one in the fields.

Good Luck

RB

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

But where are these files being downloaded? the location?

All downloaded SAP notes are stored in the database table CWBNTCUST

Regards

RB

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am looking for the physical location, so that I can copy these oss notes and copy over to my production ,

CWBNTCUST just show the status but not the location where it is downloaded.. but just spoke to my Build team it is stored in cluster table and its in rawdata. So have to do some programming..

But was wondering is there any easy way other than that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All downloaded SAP notes are stored in CWBNT* tables. To get more information you can check  SCWN_NOTE_DOWNLOAD and SCWN_NOTE_STORE functional modules.

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I can check that.. will do that tommorow. Tks for the update guys!

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am looking for the physical location, so that I can copy these oss notes and copy over to my production ,

You don't copy them manually from one system to the other.

Once you implement a note in one system you create a transport request.

You can add the other SAP notes into the same transport request and release the transport.

You then import the transport requests to the remaining systems in the landscape.

Regards

RB

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

YES!! You are right exactly thats how we have been doing. BUT! what about the information regarding the notes? Yes, thats right the pdf format about the notes. I would like to have them on my non-internet system as well and that cannot be done by Transport and hence this discussion. Tks though you finally got my point.