cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export on package splitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing sapinst export/import process on a ECC 6.0 EHP5 /NW 702 on Oracle /AIX environment.

I started the export process on the source system I did the table splitting prepartion for top 10 tables and when I am running the database export using sapinst. Package splitter when it is trying to split the package it is giving an erro on 4 packages.

I used the "split STR files" option on sapinst and I have attached the selection what I have done.

And for the all 4 packages with error the error message is the same.

I checked the STR and EXT file I don't see any issue in those files.

R3ldctl - Patch level used - Kernel Release 7.20 Patch 221

R3szchk - Patch level used - Kernel Release 7.20 Patch 221

R3load - Patch level used - Kernel Release 7.20 Patch 221

Below are the messages from str_splitter.log

ERROR: 2013-12-11 23:57:03 com.sap.inst.split.str.TableReader readStrContent

State of STR '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPAPPL1.STR.old' and EXT '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPAPPL1.EXT.old' file streams is inconsistent.

For table 'ABDBG_BPS' from EXT file the corresponding table record not found in STR file.

ERROR: 2013-12-11 23:57:07 com.sap.inst.split.str.TableReader readStrContent

State of STR '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPCLUST.STR.old' and EXT '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPCLUST.EXT.old' file streams is inconsistent.

For table 'DSYCLV' from EXT file the corresponding table record not found in STR file.

State of STR '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPPOOL.STR.old' and EXT '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPPOOL.EXT.old' file streams is inconsistent.

For table 'DEBI' from EXT file the corresponding table record not found in STR file.

State of STR '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPSDIC.STR.old' and EXT '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPSDIC.EXT.old' file streams is inconsistent.

For table 'DD02DB2' from EXT file the corresponding table record not found in STR file.

Please help me resolving the issue.

Regards

Junaid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

I checked the consistency all the 4 tables and they are consistent and in SE14 for both ABAP and DD check.

Nothing is going on the system except the export activities.

Regards

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

As you suggested on OSS message. I am running the export again with Software provisnig manager.WIll keep you posted.

Regards

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the suggestion I used Software Provisning manager 1.0 and but no help.

Package splitter is giving the same error

State of STR '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPAPPL1.STR.old' and EXT '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPAPPL1.EXT.old' file streams is inconsistent.

For table 'ABDBG_BPS' from EXT file the corresponding table record not found in STR file.

State of STR '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPCLUST.STR.old' and EXT '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPCLUST.EXT.old' file streams is inconsistent.

For table 'DSYCLV' from EXT file the corresponding table record not found in STR file.

State of STR '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPPOOL.STR.old' and EXT '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPPOOL.EXT.old' file streams is inconsistent.

For table 'DEBI' from EXT file the corresponding table record not found in STR file.

State of STR '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPSDIC.STR.old' and EXT '/sapdownload/export_SE1/ABAP/DATA/SAPSDIC.EXT.old' file streams is inconsistent.

For table 'DD02DB2' from EXT file the corresponding table record not found in STR file.

Please help.

Regards

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to redo this in a fresh/new/empty directory?

Right after table splitting, I usually make a backup of the export directory which contains the where clauses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srithar,

I tried many times I updated R3ta, R3ldctl, R3szchk and R3load to the latest version and tried it and running into the same issue.

Regards

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you get the error, you have to further troubleshoot

The flow is EXT files get created first, then STR files.

Check if the mention table exist in EXT files

Then check if it exists in STR files

Check if the tables in question exists in database - check if they have data.

If you are using the latest kernel/patches, this could be a bug too, I would create a message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srithar.

I checked both SAPAPPL_1.EXT.old and SAPAPPL_1.STR.old files table is existing in both the files.

Content of SAPAPPL_1.STR.old

tab: ABDBG_BPS

att: APPL1   0  ?N T all    ABDBG_BPS~0                    APPL1   0

fld: CLIENT                         CLNT     3     0   0 not_null  1

fld: USERNAME                       CHAR    12     0   0 not_null  2

fld: BP_INDEX                       INT1     1     0   0 not_null  3

fld: BP_KIND                        INT1     1     0   0 not_null  0

fld: BP_PROGRAM                     CHAR    40     0   0 not_null  0

fld: BP_CLASS                       CHAR    30     0   0 not_null  0

fld: BP_TEXT                        CHAR    61     0   0 not_null  0

fld: BP_NUMBER                      INT4     4     0   0 not_null  0

Content of SAPAPPL_1.EXT.old

ABDBG_BPS                  65536

ABDBG_BPS~0                65536

I checked the table exists in the database and it is consistent for ABAP and DB in SE14 and SE11 and it has one row in the table.

Regards

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srithar,

I gave one example above and above holds good for all the 4 tables which I am getting an error. Everything looks consistent and good in the database.

Regards

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try any thing the old version of the tools above.

As mentioned that it can be issue with the release.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

and you tried 720_EXT kernel latest patch?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our kernel version is 720_REL and patch 300.

And I have updated all the system copy tools used for export & import to latest version for the kernel 720_REL. Our is a non unicode kernel.

Regards

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Initially I tried with old version system copy tools which are part of kernel it did not work. I downloaded the latest system copy executables mentioned and tried and then also it did not work.

Regards

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please help if anyone has run across any kind of issue like mentioned above during export/import.

Issue with package splitter.

We cannot upgrade to 720-EXT kernel as we are using oracle client 10X version.

I tried it is not working.

Right now our kernel version 720_REL patch 300.

Regards

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is your oracle DB server version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oracle version is 11.2.0.3 and oracle client version is 10x client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can update the oracle instant client 11.2 which is downward compatible with 10.2 DB server

819829 - Oracle Instant Client Installation and Configuration on Unix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi have updated the kernel from 720_REL to 720_EXT and moved from oracle client 10x to 11x as that was requirement for EXT kernel.,

I will re-run the export and let you know the results.

Regards

JUnaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same error on 4 tables.

Regards

Junaid

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

According the log file, it seems you are facing some errors in the following 4 tables:

• ABDBG_BPS
  • DSYCLV
  • DEBI
  • DD02DB2

Could you please check their consistency both for DB and nametab objects from SE11/SE14? Is there any issue?

Also are you running any parallel program that touches the ABAP dictionary? As upgrade or something like this? If so, please finish this parallel procedure first.

Thanks and regards,

Henrique Girardi

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are splitting table using sapinst.

I used the "split STR files" option on sapinst and I have attached the selection what I have done

Can you check the below two notes.

SAP Note – 952514 - Using_Table_Splitting_Feature

SAP Note - 1043380 - Table_Splitting_for Oracle

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi,

I looked at the notes what you have sent me. I used the R3ta splitter for largest tables I can try using the PL/SQL splitter. But none of the tables what I have mentioned are spli.

Let me try downloading the latest version of R3szchk, R3ldctl and R3load and update the statistics and try again and see what happens.

I will update the results.

Regards

Junaid