Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA to vendor

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am returning material to vendor ,while return i am reversing the excise entries.I need to generate the excise invoice in SAP.Should i use J1IP or any other

transaction for print out excise invoice.Where i need to maintain the configurations to take the print out for excise invoice.

Note-I am not selling the material i am returning back to vendor for which i have already claimed MODVAT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may follow the steps below:

1. Create return PO to the vendor with "Returns" Indicator. Enter zero tax code.

2. Do GR against the return PO. It will automatically post with 161 movement. Note the material document.

3. Go to J1IS and create excise invoice with ref doc type MATD, and with respect to the material document (161 doc)

4. Press Enter and click on "Get Excise Invoice" button.

5. Now, system will show the already posted excise invoices and you may select the appropriate excise invoice which is to be cancelled.

Click on "Continue" button.

6. Check the Values and Save. It will show:

7. Go to J1IS again and post the excise invoice created.

Enter the excise doc number and click on "Release to Accounting" and save the document.

8. Create credit memo in MIRO with respect to the Po. Here, use the tax code which is used initially while posting MIRO. Post the document and check the accounting entries.

Regards,

AKPT

Message was edited by: AKPT MM

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to raise an return PO , do GRN with 161 Movement type , reverse the excise through J1IS( Ref doc MATD) and you can print the same through J1IV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Use  to create excise invoice  in J1IS..

122 or 161 movement types to be use for return process.

Thanks & Regards ,

Anjali.P

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may follow the steps below:

1. Create return PO to the vendor with "Returns" Indicator. Enter zero tax code.

2. Do GR against the return PO. It will automatically post with 161 movement. Note the material document.

3. Go to J1IS and create excise invoice with ref doc type MATD, and with respect to the material document (161 doc)

4. Press Enter and click on "Get Excise Invoice" button.

5. Now, system will show the already posted excise invoices and you may select the appropriate excise invoice which is to be cancelled.

Click on "Continue" button.

6. Check the Values and Save. It will show:

7. Go to J1IS again and post the excise invoice created.

Enter the excise doc number and click on "Release to Accounting" and save the document.

8. Create credit memo in MIRO with respect to the Po. Here, use the tax code which is used initially while posting MIRO. Post the document and check the accounting entries.

Regards,

AKPT

Message was edited by: AKPT MM