Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVC deletion from file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

This might be an oft asked question. Posting in hurry without checking first

Why doesn't / didn't SAP provide the standard option of delete CVC's from file on the same lines as create CVC''s from file / work-list.

Can something go wrong if I write my own program to delete CVC's from file ?. I was wondering if SAP didn't provide the same, there must be some hidden danger here that tiny lil minds can overlook..

Please advise

Thanks

BS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi BS,

I don't know why SAP didn't provide that { may be because they canot be stored back once deleted , and there is a high possibility that we may loose data , which is a high impact }

But , we are on our way to create customized program to delete CVC's form Excel files.

We are working on FM " SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_DELETE " for deletion of CVC's. I think there shouldn't be any problem if we have a  good program .

Thanks.

Emani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BS,

Compared to earlier versions of APO, the latest version does give enhancements for deletion of  CVCs.

The normal  business reason for deletion of CVCs in APO is  obsolescence and now there is an option available for "Delete Obsolete Combinations'.

I do not expect see a problem in writing a program for deletion of CVCs from a file.

Assuming program is designed and tested well, only problem can be in the file.

If there is some blank value in the file ( because of file preparation or consolidation issues), unwanted CVCs will get deleted.

I hope this gives some insight.

regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Super. You are both right but I cant mark both as correct answers.

Agree this could be some best practice thingie that only the best can be happy with. We are just a small non-descript firm keen on doing things quick.

The delete obsolete CVC's sounds like bit of black box. I don't know if that program displays CVC's to be deleted once before the final step.

Regards

BS

Answers (0)