Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Debug WebDynpro-ABAP application

senthil_kumar29
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

1. How to Debug WebDynpro-ABAP application.

2. What is modal dialog

3. If Component contains more than one view, how to make one view is the default. Is that any way I can hide a view.

4. Is that Component is the highest in the design structure, or any other types available like development components in WebDynpro-Java.

Thanx for Ur time.

Cheers,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

2. Dialogs are two types Modal and external

Modal Dialog opens in the same browser window

3. Open Your Main Window and select your view and you can check the properties below, there is a property called Default which is a check box, if it is checked then it is the default view.

4. Yes, component is the highest in the design structure, there is no concept called DCs in WDA, because you can access all the components which are created in the system directly you can see all the components when you add those components to used components.

Thanks & Regards

Abhimanyu L

senthil_kumar29
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for Ur answer.

I have one more query, When tranporting a WebDynro solution, Am I transporting the application or component. What would appear in the transport management system.

Cheers,

Sam

former_member196517
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

When you transport a Webdynpro solution , you have to transport a webdynpro component along with application . Actually it exist as a repository object (R3TR)WDYN (component ) and WDYA (application).

So if you make one component and application and transport this so you will find two main entries R3TR WDYN and R3TR WDYA and if you some interface objects into it then u will find other entry as R3TR INTF IWCI_component name . Also all other objects u made while developing this application you will find into it (classes, views as LIMU type , DDIC and OTR elements). LIMU are subobjects which cannot exist directly into repository.

try one..

Thanks

Anuj

senthil_kumar29
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanx for Ur answer.

I have one more question. I know WDF create a class for every single controller in the component. What is the template for the class name.

What is LIMU Type and OTR Elements.

Is it a DDIC type can be belongs to a component. Basically it will stick to the data dictionary. Correct me If I am wrong.

Cheers,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transport objects that start with LIMU are subobjects of a Repository object with an object directory entry. OTR elements are texts in the Online Text Repository (short text or long texts), see transaction SOTR_EDIT and the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4a/fff13a62d1ad6de10000000a11405a/frameset.htm">documentation</a> (unforunately, the OTR documentation is availiable in German only)

Regards, Heidi

former_member196517
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i explained LIMU are subobjects like views as they dont have the seperate identity in repository so they have to be linked thru there parent component.

So when you transport whole component u can see there would be some entries in your transport list as LIMU types ( for views , windows).

OTR are text elements which u create for the elements of your view so u dont require to hardcode the text to be displayed as they need to be displayed in different languages so what you do is you create say button and for text to be displayed you create on OTR element under some package. now you give this package to your translation team to do all needed translations.

Yes DDIC types are from dictionary only but when you transport them so all newly created DDIC should also be transported.

P.S -> Pleas close this thread if satisfied with all questions.

Thanks

Anuj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196517
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

1) To Debug the Webdynpro Abap application,

In SE80 Menu bar, Goto Utilities -> Settings -> Choose Abap editor tab and then choose Debugging tab inside it.

Mention the corresponding Username and check the IP matching checkbox.

2) Modal dialog is a popup which you see in any application , it could be used to see data in detail or any confirmation dialog. So you can maka one webdynpro application which can be used as a modal dialog by any other application.

3) to make a view default go to window structure and right click on view and set it as a default.

Thanks

Anuj

former_member758419
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

1) To Debug the Webdynpro Abap application,

In SE80 Menu bar, Goto Utilities -> Settings -> Choose Abap editor tab and then choose Debugging tab inside it.

Mention the corresponding Username and check the IP matching checkbox

To Set breakpoints: Place the cursor on the abap code and click the Stop button or goto

Utilities->External Breakpoints -> Set/Delete External Breakpoints.

3) If u have more than one view u can make a particular view as default by going to Window and right click the view and select 'Set as Default'.

Regards,

Sachi

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Goto your code from where you want to debug and set External breakpoint

(cntrlshiftF12)

Your code line is marked for external break point.

Test the application, remember the user that authenticates while running the application is same as the user who set the breakpoint.

Processing stops at the breakpoint, an SAPGUI will be opened for debug.

Thanks & Regards

Abhimanyu L

Message was edited by:

Abhimanyu Lagishetti