cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Rate Determination at Order Item Condition Detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN

Exchange rate type 'RR' is maintained in customer master and while creating order it is bringing the correct value which is maintained in OB08 to the order filed VBKD-KURSK (Exchange Rate for Price Determination) but when I see at the item level with condition type details KOMV-KKURS (Condition exchange rate for conversion to local currency) it is bringing some 'R1' exchange rate from OB08.

In OB08 'R1' value is maintained in Direct Quoted Exchange Rate column.

I am not able to understand from where and how system is driving KOMV-KKURS value i.e. on what basis 'R1' from OB08. Is there any settings in the system for this or any exit or FM in the system.

Will appreciate answers.

Thank you,

#SRT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Problem resolved,

There is a FI settings for Alternate Exchange Rate in OBBS and it was fetching from there.

Thank you for all your support,

Best regards,

#SRT

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Thanks for your discovery.

The depth of SAP -> We keep on learning ! 

You have a good one.

Thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Condition currency will always be determined based on your Pricing Date.  So check what is the pricing date

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G Lakshmipathi,

I know the determination is based on pricing data but it is picking some other exchange rate type that is some unique behavior, any comment on this...?

Current date is the pricing date.

Thank you,

Warm regards

#SRT

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Its probably the company code currency that is being determined.

Thanks,
Ravin

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The information is not really complete. Having said that, let me make some calculated guess.

Just check the changes in the Sales Order if the Order Currency was changed after it was defaulted

OR

If this is happening at the Order Creation I feel this might be because of the Condition Record Currency which is defaulted to the Local Currency of the Company Code.

The Company Code Currency might be different than the Customer Currency.

I believe you might be looking at the Base Price of the Line Item.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sea,

Many thanks for your reply,

The order currency was not change  and condition is manual condition. And I would like to make it plainer for you.

Customer Master:

Now at order level:

This is correct which is maintained in OB08

While creating order I am giving condition value in USD and in OB08 for exchange rate type RR conversion is maintained for USD to HUF

At item condition details:

This rate it is bringing from some other exchange rate type R1 from OB08 and there is only one entry in whole OB08 for 924,92999 and that too with R1 and this I have validated via TCURR table.

The exchange rate type is blank at OBA7 for RV (which is for invoicing) and at company code level exchange rate type 'M' is maintained.

Now I am not able to understand how it is picking 'R1' i.e. 924,92999.

Will appreciate answers.

Thank you,

#SRT

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the details.

Did you notice this behavior only with this particular order for the customer or is it across the board for this customer ?

I will check my SAP System and get back to you. It is kind of late night for me.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sea,

I really appreciate your continuous help.

I am not sure but I think this is happening with a particular customer. Will test more and update you.

Thanking you,

Warm regards

#SRT

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
this is happening with a particular customer

Though you have shown the screen shot of correct currency and exchange rate type maintained in customer master, check the change record details via XD04 whether any changes has happened after creating the document you referred.  If this is not causing the issue, then, I feel, some user exit is playing the role.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for you super quick reply,

There is no change in the customer since last 3 years and this is also happening when I am creating new orders i.e. it is picking different exchange rate type  which is R1.

Thank you,

Warm regards

Ashish Mishra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G Lakshmipathi,

I have done further analysis and found that is is not happening for any particular customer, I am sorry for that.

In further testing what I found the customer which is having currency HUF and exchange rate type RR. On making order on such customer it is picking exchange rate type R1 instead of RR.

Thanks,

Regards

#SRT

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, please share the screen shot from TCode ONOT for that particular currency. 

G. Lakshmipathi