im expecting a new file to mail scenario

does the term synch/asynch come in common with al l the scenarios

could u help me out to fiond out wat it is

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Synch - Asynch Scenario refer to scenarios in which one of the systems ( sending or receiving ) is a Synch system while the other is Asynch.

The classical example used here is a File - RFC- File.

File Adapter does not supprot Synch Calls.Say you have a requirement where you need to pick a file, call and RFC synchronously from the source file data and send the RFC response back to the file.

In these cases, as File Adapter are always Asynch and RFC's are synch, you need a Asynch - Synch Bridge to handle this.

Liekwise, the other way around HTTP - JMS is a classical Synch - Asynch example.

HTTP sends a Synch Request and expects a response back. The reciever is a JMS adapter that does not support Synch calls, so you use a BPM and a Synch - Asynch Bridge to hanle this and send the response from the JMS back to HTTP and so on.

To sum up any communication between a Synchronous and Aysnchronous system in XI is generally referred to as a Synch - Asynch Call.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavnesh dont we need BPM in in the File to rfc to file scenario that u mention about

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per my understanding we dont hane either synch-asynch or vice versa call in

a normal file to file scenarions

an i right

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Till SP 19, yes, BPM was mandatory for Synch - Asynch Calls. and so file- RFC- File was possible only with BPM. Now there are other alternatives available.

><i>as per my understanding we dont hane either synch-asynch or vice versa call in

a normal file to file scenarions

an i right</i>

Yes , you are correct.They are not a Synch Asynch Call. This is an Asynch - Asynch Call.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

why do we need to configure that bridge

can u also send some FAQS regarding that bridge