cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML file to Idoc - RFC Lookup issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PI experts,

I have a scenario of XML file to IDOC. I have one field to get the value from R/3 side table with the input from the XML file tag value and then map it to the Idoc segment.

For this I'm using RFC Lookup. RFC function module has been created in R/3, PI interface will make a call to this FM to pick the corresponding R/3 value for the xml file tag value.

When I debugged this RFC FM -> I observed that import parameter is getting appended with # i,e if XML tag value is C100, but the value being passed to RFC FM is C100# and therefore FM is failing to pick the value for from the table.

Any suggestion why xml tag value is getting appended with # value while passing to RFC look-up.  I have checked the XML file to see if there is any space before closing the tag but it correct.

Thanks,

EG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Can you please debug that RFC FM and enter dummy values in that function module parameters check it at ECC side.

Regards,

Suhale.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Have you tried to pass a constant to the RFC lookup and to check if the error persists?, is the happening if you test it in design time too? could you make a screenshoot of the queue before call the RFC lookup?, are you using any UDF before the call?. Also i would do another test scenario with that RFC like receiver in order to check if could be a problem with the ECC system itself, in this way you could at least to know if the problem is about only RFC lookup and not from the RFC.

Regards.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using graphical RFC lookup or JCO call? Please provide the PI version as well.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for responding!!

We are using graphical RFC look up and PI version is 7.1