cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling characteristic values for a planning book.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know how to fetch the characteristic values of characteristics for a given planning book.

Right now i am using the Bapi -  BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2 which brings me all the characteristic values into

BAPI table -  CHARACTERISTICS_COMBINATION. But this is taking too long time if i run the Bapi for all the materials.

This is because, it also fetches all the planning book values into BAPI table -KEY_FIGURE_VALUE.

Is there any way we can run this bapi only to pull characteristic values and skip updating the keyfig values ?

Or do we have any other way where we only pull characteristic values for give characteristics of a planning book.

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramso,

I assume that when you say characteristics for a planning book you mean 'planning area'. If that is right you can download CVCs from txn /sapapo/mc62 or try reading the MPOS cube in RSA1.

Thanks,

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfecto. /sapapo/mc62 is perfect for my requirement.

I am a ECC developer, i have limited knowledge on the APO.

Are CVCs  at the planning area level ? I was thinking these are at planning book level.

One more question... MC62 requires a planning object structure name not the planning area.

All my program knows is the planning book name, so how do we find a planning object structure name for a plannign book?

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramso,

CVCs are at the Master Planning Object Structure level.

The logic is MPOS->Planning Area->Planning Book. From the planning book you can find the Planning Area. Using Txn /sapapo/msdp_admin you can find the MPOS. Then your program can read the MPOS to get the CVCs.

Thanks,

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

Answers (0)