cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New base categories for product type Material in SOLMAN

jcarbonell
Participant
0 Kudos

I am configuring the Technical Monitoring in our SOLMAN 7.1, and when I ran the configuration assistant in SOLMAN_SETUP, the Check Preraquisites  activity failed. When I looked at the error, it said that a previous activiy in Basic Configuration was completed with errors. I found that the activity was Create IBase components for LMDB systems, in step 7. of Basic Configuration. The error messages were:

An internal number range interval cannot be determined for category ALM_OBJ_7003

and

An internal number range interval cannot be determined for category ALM_OBJ_7004

I found the note 1741109, that talked about this type of problem, but it included only categories ALM_OBJ_7001 and ALM_OBJ_7002, which I had already configued in the system. I have cheched the hierarchy, and found that this objects are Databases (7003) and Host (7004). I have not been able to find information about them in SAP Support. I assume the solution is the same, to create the number range groups for these objects, but I would like to know if you had found these objects in your systems, and if you know why have they been created and where are they used in SOLMAN.

Thank you,

Jose Carbonell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Also check the below link

Rg,

Karthik

jcarbonell
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thank you, it worked.

Best regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

You don't tell what version of  SPS what you are running but give a try with note 1898605 - SolMan Setup fails: Maintain Number Range for Material. Correction instructions are deliverd in SPS10.

BR,

K.

jcarbonell
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kamil,

Sorry, I forgot to include this information. I applied SPS10 some weeks ago, so the note does not apply.

Thank you anyway for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

This issue will happen in SP10 , due to Create Hierarchy for Material Products activities is missed (

This activity will be found also in step "Perform Standard Configuration  --> Perform Additional Configuration" of the scenario IT Service Management -> Incident, Problem and Request Management.)

Workaround:

Go to  AICRM_PRD_SETUP_MAT -> will get the below option

Execute

Now the category ALM_OBJ_7003 and  ALM_OBJ_7004 will created in the particular system.

Now cehck the note 1741109  - ITSM 7.1 - Generation of IBase Components is not working and go to "Define Number Ranges for the Product Type "Material"

try this workaround and confirm it.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

The workaround fixed my problem!

Thanks!