cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep all job logs ? How to get history information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru!

I have SAP NW IDM 7.2 SP8.

We need to keep all logs for every job which was running in IDM. I mean this one:

Now I see that they deleted regulary.

How to regulate the amount of logs or period of their keeping?

Also could you please answer where can I get history information for all changes, as example MX_Lastname change or MX_FS_Position changes for user?

Thanks in advance!

Natalia.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually wrote a job which went through the logs each night and emailed a report to admins (for warnings and / or errors) including the data of the log.  That could then be archived offline (and has the advantage of letting you know of problems).

You could do a similar process that runs before the housekeeping process, copying off all / selected logs to another location - db table / file system / carrier pigeon network.

Peter

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

I got into the habit of saving job logs that were of particular interest, either the xml file so you can always read the user friendly view, or the underlying DSE.log with its additional data (such as the output of uInfo statements in scripts).

When I tested increasing the amount of "days to keep" on the Housekeeping tab of the dispatcher it had no effect, job logs were still deleted on the default thresholds - so at that time in the development system I removed the checkbox so I could retain all the job logs. I realise it is better not to do this in production as it uses up space as Chris said above. This was on SP7 on Oracle, it may work now in SP8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy,

Thanks for advice!

In SP8 the same issue - I set 31 days to keep logs, but system clear them daily.

Best regards,

Natalia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Natalia,

Any time 😉

In that case I suspect this is functionality for a future SP, apparent in the MMC but not yet activated. If you were able to log a customer message with SAP I would be interested in the response.

Kind regards,

Andy

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Natalia,

You may can also try to set 'show historic values' in the presentation tab of one display identity web task, then there will be one additional tab 'Historical Values' to get an overview of changed attribute values history.

Hope it helps.

BR, Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually the logs themselves are not that useful since you have to open them to see the content and find out which entries they processed. They can also be fairly large in size and take up lots of tablespace if you have no sort of cleanup enabled.

The audit-logs combined with the historical values Clotilde mentioned tell a more interesting story about the entries, and is also what the Admin UI will show. The helpfile of the MMC has pretty good list of the views and their data, but some places of interest are: MXPV_Audit view and the mxp_ext_audit table, idmv_linkaudit* & idmv_historic_approvals.

Best regards,

Per Christian

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

About the logs and period of their keeping you can adjust it in the mmc, on the housekeeping tab of Dispatchers

About the changes I usually use the view idm_ovalue_basic_all, but please check the idm help page Using views to access identity store information to see if another suits best your needs.

Best Regards,

Clotilde