cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup for source code of web dynpro DCs

0 Kudos

Hello All, 

We are working on CE web dynpro java application in which MDM is our backend.Currently we planned for MDM upgrade on lower environment and then on higher environment and therefore we have to take backup of all souce code of our all Dcs.My question is how to take backup.

2 options i know from where we can take bakup..but not sure its correct or not.

1. We are using NWDI and as i know from CMS we can take latest sca file as in backup from production step.  i want step by step process( clear information for from which tab i.e. assemly production or approval we should export sca file).Need more information if we want take backup for every sytsem i.e. development quality and production from CMS then how to take?

2. We can take source code/.sca file for software componet from OS level.I dont know the extact path for server level so could you please guide us for os level path for soure code?

Currently we done with upgrade and by mistake somethine went wrong on CE server and some code is deleted not bcz of mdm upgrade so we want copy of production system code to our lower environment so all system should be in sync.and therfore we want .sca file of production system either from cms or OS level.

Required asap.

Thank you.

Aditi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can download from the track

or check the archive folder in OS  CMS/archives

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(My) Thumb rule with Java: Always keep a backup of your code in the local disk.

All the code when synced resides in the .dtc folder under C: drive.

Try to keep a copy of these files as backup. This will contain all the tracks imported in NWDS from NWDI.

Apart from that .sca file while transporting in CMS can be saved in the server which can be redeployed as backup.

Regards,

Sharath