cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM - Unable to reset the upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I encountered issue below when I try to reset update in SUM 1.0 SP09.

- unable to reset the upgrade.
- unable to execute the SDT request list SUM.
- revoke is not allowed for the current operation extract.

I have tried to execute SAPup reset prepare & SAPup reset execution, but then I'm getting "Tool status is initial - nothing to do"

The only way it would work to reset is by removing the old SUM directory, and extract again from the SAR file.

Please can anyone advise on the proper solution? Thanks and appreciate.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In certain cases if the phase is running then sum tool will not reset when you click on the reset button.

So close the gui first then stop the STARTUP . Then reatart it . Start the gui again and it will display that you had error. Then click on the reset button.

Usually you should not delete the directory to do the reset as it can be that if you are at certain phase where the tool has done some changes in the system . If you delete sum directory those changes will not be reverted back and you can have issue when you rerun the tool.

1843776 - Central Note - Software Update Manager 1.0 SP09 [lmt_005]

Resetting the Software Update Manager
Unlike stated in the guide, when you reset the update procedure by repeatedly choosing the "Back" button on the SUM GUI, the "Cleanup and start again" dialog will not appear. Once you have reached the "Welcome" dialog by choosing the back button, you must delete the update directory, unpack the SUM package again and proceed as described in chapter "Running the Software Update Manager".

Alternatively, you can reset the update process by choosing Update -> Reset Update on the SUM GUI, then delete the update directory, unpack the SUM package again and proceed as described in chapter "Running the Software Update Manager" of the SUM guide.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

0 Kudos

Hi, ....delete the update directory.....where is the Update Directory?

thanks.

Federico.-

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI the whole directory you unpackaged SUM into.

I recently had an issue here where I needed to change the kernel and restart. Then the initial screen would no longer take empty values for the OS user (which it does normally if you're running the process as sidadm).

Completely cleaning up, re-extracting the SUM tool in a new location and re-running worked for me.

Though note I was only in the second phase (Extraction) so there was no danger of there already having been changes made to the system.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tool status is initial - nothing to do

looks you dont need to do anything more.

you should do Reset SUM with GUI first, not directly.

Which phase you were in ?

best regards

ashish