cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing plan final invoice with not yet paid down payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the following issue with billing plan, maybe someone faced the same problem. Here an example:

A product is sold by billing plan:

1. down payment 1000 Euro Payment terms 30 days net

2. down payment 1500 Euro  Payment terms 30 days net

Final invoice 2500 Euro  Payment terms 30 days net

The date the final invoice can be issued depends on the date the product is finished on customer site.

Let´s say at the time the product is finished and final invoice can be done, only the first down payment is paid by customer. Customer already received down payment no. 2 but did not paid the amount of 1500 Euro because it´s not due yet.

Now to invoice final invoice, down payment no.2 must be cancelled and final invoice can be done. The problem is the following: if customer get final invoice, the payment period of 1500 Euro starts again from invoice date of final invoice up to 30 days.

Do you have a solution for creating final invoice but that payment period is not starting again ?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

in my opinion this is not a problem of SAP configuration but a problem of business flow.

For what reason the payment term of the final invoice should be calculated based on the invoice date of the second downpayment?

If the due date of the second dowpayment falls after the creation date of the final invoice, that is just not a real downpayment.

The scope of downpayment (under a business point of view), and considered from the point of view of the selling company, is financing part of the cost that the company will bear to produce the goods, or to provide services. Or as a warranty against customers not very reliable.

I think that you should rethink this business process: the second dowpayment step probably is not required and could be replaced splitting the final milestone into two partial invoices.

Best regards,

Andrea

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Friend,

I am not sure about this , but try to change the date in the customization of payment terms and check it.

or else better way to get the help of FI-Consultant in this.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kundan