Sustainability Discussions
Contribute to SAP sustainability discussions. Share ideas, collaborate on solutions, and join a community driving positive change towards a sustainable future.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SuPM - Issues in Automated KPIs

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create two kind of automated KPIs in my project. Some KPI values will come from SAP BW, and other data will come from SAP ECC.

To create automation from SAP BW, I followed this steps:

- I've created a query in query designer. Eg: A query over a multiprovider that joins 0EMPLOYEE and 0PERSON, to count the male and female employees by country, job, age, etc. In the filters area, I've associated a variable (interval) to 0COUNTRY. At query definitions, I marked the flag "allow external access...".

- In transaction SPRO, at BW/SuPM System I've maintained this steps:

-- Maintain Connectors (connectors with Myself BW Connection, SAP ECC HR and SAP ECC was created)

-- Maintain Script Variables (we kept the original Variables)

-- Maintain BW Queries (Included the query name, associated to connector Id and Infoprovider)

- In SuPM Portal, I followed this steps:

-- Entered in menu "Automated Script Management"

-- Created a new Script, and associated to Script Type "SAP BW Query", Connector Id "Myself BW..." (the connection test returns "ok") and in the "Query Lookup" I found and choose the query that I've maintained in SPRO.

At this point, I can see and choose one of the columns of value, I can choose the aggregation type, but I can't see any variable.

Some questions about this procedure:

- I need to choose any specific type of variable to use in automation queries?

- Do we have any restrictions about use of calculated or restricted KPIs?

To create automation from SAP Query, I followed this steps:

- At SQ00, I've created a user group, infoset and query over tables PA0000 and PA0002.

- In transaction SPRO, at BW/SuPM System I've maintained this steps:

-- Maintain Connectors (connectors with Myself BW Connection, SAP ECC HR and SAP ECC was created)

-- Maintain Script Variables (we kept the original Variables)

-- Maintain SAP Queries (Included the query name, associated to connector Id, Infoprovider (user group) and query area (Global Area))

- In SuPM Portal, I followed this steps:

-- Entered in menu "Automated Script Management"

-- Created a new Script, and associated to Script Type "SAP Query", Connector Id "SAP ECC HR" (the connection test returns "ok"). But, in the "Query Lookup" I can't see the query that I've maintained in SPRO.

Some questions about this procedure:

- Do we have any restrictions about SAP Queries?

- Any specific recomendation to SAP Queries that will support automation in SuPM?

Regards,

Fabio Vasconcellos

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

We are currently rebuilding our automatic integration from BW Cube for data that comes from a non-SAP system. We have some lessons learned we may be able to help you with. We have attempted the ECC integration but hope to soon.  There is a small but active group of SuPM users that you should definately connect with. We have started a ASUG Influence Council and also hold regular calls for exchange of best practices.

What SP level are you implementing now?

0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

We are in SuPM v3 SP10.

Regards