cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMDB issue: different Extended SID for solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have problem in managed system setup, where I can see, that Solution Manager with SID RS2 on same host has got two different extended SID's: for Application Server ABAP it is RS200001 and for Application Server Java it is RS200002. But both stacks are installed on same host and are the same system. Normally extended SID should be RS2 for both systems.

I checked SLD, LMDB and SMSY.

In SLD system RS2 is correct: same SID, same host.

In SMSY I can see a system RS2 with ABAP and JAVA Stack (I configured stacks manually by choosing correct product instances) and a system RS200001 with just an ABAP stack. System RS2 is used in several solutions and components, system RS200001 is not used and system RS200002 is not there in SMSY.

In managed system setup I see two different extended SID's for same system.

In LMDB I can choose Application Server ABAP with Extended SID RS200001 and Application Server JAVA with extended SID RS200002.

Normally this should be only one SID!

I found notes:

1694004 - Dealing with duplicate technical system names (SIDs)

1851430 - Importance of extended SID in SAP Solution Manager

But I don't know what to do now.

Which extended SID do I have to chose now? And what will be the connection to SMSY?

Regards,

Julia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend you to delete all information from SMSY and download it again trough SLD/LMDB, for that follow that steps:

- Goto SLD and delete the system (make sure that your datasource is not updating SLD)

- Goto solman_directory and delete the logical component from your solution

- In SMSY select logical component and delete the system from the logical component

- In LMDB go to header data and delete all data, technical systems and product systems.

- If you can see the system in SMSY, try to delete the system before to download it again.

After that, on managed system go to RZ70 and update the system information on SLD, after few second the systems will be created on LMDB, there you have to make corrections after "Verification Tool" (you don't need to configure stacks manually in SMSY), on LMDB you have to be able to see a single product system with 2 technical systems, ABAP and JAVA.

As for your questions:

Which extended SID do I have to chose now? And what will be the connection to SMSY?

You have to chose product system created that represents your system, that product system will contain 2 technical systems, one ABAP and other JAVA.

You don't need SMSY if you use LMDB, maybe you have old data on SMSY.

Julia, can you share a screenshot like this from LMDB ?

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

I followed your adviced steps and now in SLD, LMDB and SMSY all seems to be ok.

SLD shows two entries - one for ABAP and one for JAVA Instance (SID RS2).

LMDB shows one entry for ABAP Instance with SID RS2 and one entry for JAVA Instance with SID RS2.

In SMSY I can see the two entries for ABAP and JAVA Instance with SID RS2 in Solution Manager procuct system.

But in managed system setup there are still shown three more entries with RS200001 and RS200002, which are not necessary and are not shown in SLD, LMDB and SMSY:

RS2 on hostname - SID RS2 - Application Server ABAP => ok

RS2 on hostname - SID RS2 - Application Server JAVA => ok

RS2 on hostname - SID RS200001 - Application Server ABAP => not ok!

RS2 on hostname - SID RS200001 - Application Server JAVA => not ok!

RS2 on hostname - SID RS200002 - Application Server JAVA=> not ok!

Is it possible to eleminate these 3 entries, which are not ok?

Regards,

Julia

former_member204161
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julia ,

I think neither of these entries were made manually in LMDB . In this case , they should not be deleted directly , as LMDB stores a key which will make   re-synchronization difficult . Please follow the SAP Help link you have mentioned in your post - delete from SLD first , then LMDB , then any entries in SMSY .

Then follow the usual procedure starting from RZ70 in your satellite systems , so the data is fetched to SLD and then reflected in LMDB. You should get a single new entry .

Regards,

Shaswat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RS200001 appears when RS2 was already configured with an different hostnames

and similarly, RS200002 appears when RS200001 is already configured with a different hostname

if in case you have the same host name, then this should not be happening.

please check with your team if they were any systems configured in past and deleted now.

Hope this helps,

Rg,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nag,

i have the same hostname and this happened.

So which extended SID is to take now?

And what happens if I delete the two systems in LMDB? How can I restore them?

On another system I tried report RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM with a system that I deleted in LMDB. This system is still in SLD. But when I execute report RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM system is not be reactivated in LMDB (SID was not found in target namespace). So how to use this report? Do I have to create system first in LMDB and then execute report?

Referring to this link you have to execute the report only, but this doesn't work:

Deleting a Technical System with the Technical System Editor - SAP Documentation

Regards

Julia

v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. If the system created manually in smsy or lmdb , the synch job will create new system with SID0001(example)

2. Delete manually created systems in LMDB

3. save SID0001 to SID

4. click Re synch from SLD or you can use

RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM or AI_LMDB_SYNCHRONIZE_ALL(for all systems)

"SAP_LMDB_LDB_0000000001 job is responsible for populating the datas in LMDB."

Refer Note:1834042 - Duplicate Product Systems generated in LMDB and SMSY

//Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Go to se38 ->  RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM -> enter RS2 sid and execute it.

it will delete the duplicate entry in LMDB and create the SID.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

I followed your advice, but I got error message, that System RS2(ABAP) can not be found in target namespace - same with system type JAVA.

I did same in simulation modus with RS200001 and RS200002 and system would start a re-synchronisation. But I don't know what happens if I do this in productive mode. And for which Extended SID.

In SMSY I can see, that datasource of system RS200001 is LMDB (last change in november with batch user) and datasource of system RS2 is TMS/RFC (last change yesterday evening with batch user). For system RS200001 there is a database RS200001 with datasource LMDB, last change today. For system RS2 is a database RS2 with datasource TMS/RFC, last change yesterday.

So, what to do?

Regards,

Julia