cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Restoration Query .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team ,

I have few doubts on post refresh things .

We are taking Backup from production and resotoring in one of the quality servers . 

Doubt :-

1. When we restore production data , all the data including production postions , org structures everything do we get in quality ?

2. Then if we get this positions , we will import user master for quality , so my doubt is will this position (newly restored from prod ) be impacted by importing this user master .

3. Do we need to Map composite roles to positions in quality or will it come automatically after system restore ?

Can anyone suggest on this . Really appreciate your comments .

Thanks ,

Pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Here are the answers in my view :

1. Yes - Since you are replacing the QA database with the production database

2. Yes - If you import the user master, you are replacing the user master data completely

3. After the system restore , you will have the Productive roles to position mappings.After the client copy of the user master data you should get the QA roles to position mappings.

You can actually run a small test by creating a new client (Tx SCC4) in the restored QA system and then importing the user master records there to see the status.This should not take too much time.

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team ,

I understand roles whatever earlier in our quality system would get overwritten , so due to this PFCG role to position mapping get distorted , Is there any easy method or script where we can re-initiate the role to position mapping .

Can anyone suggest on this .

Thanks ,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team ,

Thanks for your support , In our case we are following below approach ,

1. Will setup a new client and import user master backup to it .

2. Create positions and map roles to this positions and assign it to user's .

Thanks everyone.

Thanks,

Pradeep.