cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B Integration- EDISeparator receiver channel error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm trying to do a POC using B2B addon in SAP Process Orchestration. I've developed the flow similar to the blog http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/blog/2012/09/27/b2b-edi-inbound-step-by-step-configurat... .

I'm stuck with the error in EDI Separator Receiver channel . I'm using only one transaction of 820 message and the EDI file is properly formed. I've tried using multiple EDI files which have one transaction and multiple transactions also.

Please advice.

Regards,

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

First of all, is your B2B add-on properly installed? And do you have a patchlevel available which is high enough to prevent known problems? Please do read this:

Next, is your runtime content properly uploaded and do you use that content within your ESR (via a generated XSD)?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

PS: there is a dedicated community for B2B integration: http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for your quick response,

The basis guys have refered your blog and have done the configs. Although EDI-XML converters are working properly(MSG tables are populated), I dont see any xsd content in the maintenence GUI (pic below).

I'm not using ESR content. Using a dummy interface to pass the EDI file to EDI Separator receiver adapter.

Please advice what we are missing.

Thanks,

Neha

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

You need to upload runtime content.

I recently gave a training and the attached slide should help you out.

Please have a look at all details. They are there for a reason.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dimitri,

I uploaded all runtime content. yet i'm facing the same error.

MP: exception caught with cause javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: NOT_SOLICITED; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: NOT_SOLICITED; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: NOT_SOLICITED; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: NOT_SOLICITED

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Are all your deployed B2B add-on components on the same SP level? Please have a look at it.

Also, try to raise an OSS message @ SAP; because this does not sound like a B2B add-on related error at first sight.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

agnie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Did you solve your problem ?

I am having the same issue.

I can not find any OSS notes and log viewer is not giving me a clue.

I will now check SPs of all my components involved, just in case.

Kind regards

Agnieszka

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do have a look on which patch level and SP level your B2B components are on.

Make sure they all are on the same SP level and check if a higher patch level is available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha Sharma,

Did you ever find a resolution to your issue?  I have the same problem and have tried just about everything to no avail.

Thank you

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

What SP level is your B2B add-on on?

Can you also share configuration details?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Dimitri!

We're on SP 4 of the B2B Add On.  Single stack Java AEX. 

The most confounding thing is that it works beautifully via the X12 converter in the B2B Cockpit.  I can take the very same XML file that fails in our Integration Scenario, and run it through the "XML to Ansi X12" converter in the cockpit, and it produces an X12 document just fine.  But in our automated scenario, we get this, right after "MP: processing local module localejbs/X12ConverterModule"

MP: exception caught with cause javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: NOT_SOLICITED; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: NOT_SOLICITED; ...

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some questions and thoughts

• You get that error in the receiver EDIseparator adapter?
  • I guess you enabled acknowledgements? Can you share that configuration?
  • Did you already contact SAP (via an OSS call)?
  • Are all you B2B components on the same SP level? Is your Toolkit component on the latest patch level available?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually no, File Adapter.  We are trying to place an EDI file on a remote FTP server.  PI should receive the XML file from our ERP system, convert to X12, then place the file on the remote server.

Yes I have contacted SAP.  They told me to upgrade PI to the latest version.  I do not have the time or resources to do that now.  This scenario was working fine for us a while back, but now it does not.  I'm not sure what changed.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share the configuration of that receiver file adapter please?

So, after the upgrade to SP4, the scenario failed?

Can you also share the SP level of your B2B components?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the scenario was failing before the SP4 upgrade.  I thought perhaps the SP4 upgrade would fix the matter, but it did not.

File Adapter Type, Receiver, FTP transport protocol, File message protocol, Central Adapter Engine, FTP server credentials are fine, processing file type is binary, no advanced options.  Under Module tab, I have localejbs/X12ConverterModule with key 0, then CallSAPAdapter with key 1.  Both are Local Enterprise Beans.

B2B Components:

PIB2BAS2 = 1.0.4.5

PIB2BOFTP = 1.0.4.2

PIB2BPGP = 1.0.4.0

PIB2BSFTP = 1.0.4.6

PIB2BTOOLKIT = 1.0.4.13

BIB2BX400 = 1.0.4.1

This point is very important, it seems to me: if I leave out the X12ConverterModule in my processing sequence on the the Module tab of my receiver channel in my Integration Scenario, the whole process works flawlessly, from end to end.  I wind up with an unconverted XML file on the remote FTP server.  As soon as I put localejbs/X12ConverterModule back in, I get the Java error with NoSuchFieldError, NOT_SOLICITED, right after the processing sequence calls the module.  Furthermore, again, the X12 converter works fine in the B2B cockpit.

So...to sum up.  The converter works fine manually, and my scenario works fine without it.  Only when I use the converter in my scenario do I get the error.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Can you share screenshots. Better to understand than text.

I would like to see the complete scenario (adapters) to try to help you.

Also, your PIB2BTOOLKIT is on SP level 13. I see 17 is available. Perhaps that could help too.

Did you also refresh the adapter metadata when your B2B add-on was upgraded?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dimitri,

Thank you for your help.  What specifically would you like screenshots of?  Every tab on the Integration Scenario and communication channel?  That's a lot of screenshots.

How do I refresh the adapter metadata?

Thank you

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

two more pictures...

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Have a look at  Configuring the Converter Module Parameters - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, business-to-busines... and play around with the parameters for ANSI ASC X12 in your receiver file adapter.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I've used all of them in some capacity.  Interestingly, x12.audit shows the processing tag by tag, but doesn't help diagnose the problem.  It shows the error being thrown right after the final XML tag is processed and the document is completed.  It's almost behaving like a data issue...but that doesn't make much sense either, since the very same data is converted fine via the B2B Cockpit.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a quick question: did you raise this incident at SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did.  I was told to get on the latest version of PI.  That is something we will certainly do in the future, but it's not feasible for us at the moment.  Solution Manager is being upgraded, and we have a very small Basis team.  Furthermore, this scenario worked fine months ago, but I don't know what changed.  I'll keep working at it...