cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Multiple Results for Single quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

One of client requirement is that they want to enter two results against each quantity while recording results in QE01 transaction. As far as I know multiple results recording is possible and the same has been shown to them. Now can anyone tell is it possible record two results for each quantity while entering in QE01 transaction ie., if the quantity is 10 then 2 results for each quantity which means 20 results need to be entered. Kindly let me know if this is possible or not.

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well ,can it not solved by "Scope not fix"  & single result recording option in control indicator ...irrespective of sample qty

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This would use individual results recording in the control indicators.

You would then select a sample procedure with a fixed sample size of two for each MIC you want to record two values for.

This should allow you to record two values for each unit.

Keep in mind that in the UD screen it will display the mean value of the two results.  The mean value will also be transferred to the batch record if you use that functionality.

Craig

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do some search, there should be already posts for this topic. As a possible solution you might be working with origins:

Regards

MH

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In control indicators of the MIC against which you need two results, set the indicator for 'Single results'.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.As mentioned by you when "Single results" is selected in control indicators of the MIC, we will be able to record results against each individual quantity. But my client wants to enter two results against each and every quantity. Could tell me whether this is possible in standard SAP or not. If not what could be possible solution(s) for solving this kind of issue.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when "Single results" is selected in control indicators of the MIC, we will be able to record results against each individual quantity. But my client wants to enter two results against each and every quantity.

Using Single results, you can record more than one value. Therefore you must set this for all the MIC you are going to inspect. I assume you are refering to MIC when you say Quantity !!

Next, as Mr Craig has said, Make a sampling procedure with Fixed sampling and keeping Sample size 2. Assign this SP to each of your MIC in inspection plan.

Now when you go for result recording, you would see it as shown below (refer the mark) click on this and you would get additional field. Pl note I used sample size 3 for this test case. 

I hope this should resolve your issue. Pl come again if you face any issue.

ntn