cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting alerts in SRM when SRM can't communicate with XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm interested in knowing whether I can and then how to setup and send some kind of an alert if the combination of the sender service and sender interface encounter an error in the SRM system when sending something (PO XML) to XI.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Regards,

Jerry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

How are you connecting XI server with your SRM system Are you using proxy for this? If so, then you have to handle this in SRM. You need to raise some sort of exception and alert the corresponding person via mail.

If you are using RFC adapter, then you can configure alerts in XI server. In the alert rule, specify only the sender details and the alert will be trigeered in case the communication between SRM and XI fails.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when an error is encountered in sending a xml data it will be traced in sxmb_moni. in this case u can either have an program in srm which uses these tables SXMSPMAST, SXMSCLUP, SXMSPCLUR for getting the error details and then raise an alert mail using create_salert or have a mail f/n mod to send mail acorss the users. not much sure if this error from srm side will be tracked in sxmb_moni of xi server. if it cathces then the configured alert will do the job for you.

refer to this thread for alert configuration, if req:

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

Your solution makes sense., but there actually is a direct way to do this. its just that I dunno how

There has to be a way to propoagate the error from the SRM system to XI's alert framework and vice versa directly, instead of using work arounds.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Do you mean to say in case of client proxy failure, may be due to XI server is down at that time, it is possible to send the error msg to XI?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yeah thats true. i'm just searching for it. will be gr8 to learn on that

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

Certainly should be possible.

It is not necessary that you install the Alert Mangement Server on every SAP instance. You can instead have just one ALM Server and then crate the RFC desitnation on your other SAP instances to point to this Alert server.

Implementation Considertions of this link talks about this,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Also, if you look at this link it discusses the various means in which Alerts can be triggered,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/5e073c8e56f658e10000000a114084/content.htm

Just as it is possible to propogate Application Errors from the SAP system to XI using fault messages, it should be possible to forward Technical errors on the SAP system to XI . How, is a question for which I dont have an answr, and I was hoping some body could answer as well.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thanks for sharing the info. Let us hope some one who has already got their hands dirty on this, to post a soln.

Any way, pls update us if you got any more info on this topic. It will be a very useful feature to implement in real time projects.

Regards,

Jai Shankar