Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Table retrieval time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have SAP Work Manager for SAP 5.3.

When we request an initial download of a Complex Table such as Equipment or Functional Location the time taken to execute the BAPI is quite long - at least 10 minutes to retrieve 100,000 records.

This issue is compoundeded by the fact that the configured time limit parameter (rdisp/max_wprun_time) is 10 minutes so the request often exceeds the time limit and no data is returned.

The particular class handlers in question are:

/SYCLO/CL_PM_EQUIPMENT1_DO

and

/SYCLO/CL_PM_FLOC1_DO

Has any one else experienced this issue?

What is an expected execution time to retrieve 100,000 to 300,000 functional locations in the complex table based on simple data filter parameters such as planning plant and status?

Thanks,
Catherine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michelm_de
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

I also faced the same problem before and we got the time reduced to 2-3 minutes by separating the select statements and trying to find indexes on the tables, which we could use.

For example in the GET_COMPLEX_TABLE method for the functional location, we wanted to download all functional locations for the a specific plant. As we had an index for the plant in table ILOA we first selected all functional locations (ILOAN field) from this table into an ITAB. Then we selected the keys for the functional locations from IFLOT and selecting (FOR ALL ENTRIES IN ITAB) the TPLNR and OBJNR. Separating the select statements and using index was really helpful.

In your case, you need to analyse which criteria you are using and which tables you need to get the keys (avoid unnecessary joins).

Hope this gives you an idea how to optimize the performance.

BR,

Michel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michel,

What you are recommending is certainly what I was thinking.

At this stage we are not keen to customise the GET_COMPLEX_TABLE method, or any methods providing out of the box functionality purely to optimise performance.

Adding indexes to the fields used in the joins and in the crtieria is the probably the key here. I was quite surprised to find that there was no index on equipment number or object number in the environment I am working in.

How many functional locations do you retrieve for 2-3 minute timings?

Kind Regards,

Catherine

Answers (0)