cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between SAP TM and ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Please, has anybody already set up a connection between SAP TM and the ERP server?

Could share any path and/or documentation to follow?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Renato Pereira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got several documents from one of my companie's branch (I think it will not be possible to attach all of them here): "Integrating_ TM_ERP", "ERP TM 9.0 Integration - sapnote_000173926", "SAP TM Enterprise Services", "Release notes SAP TM 9.0" and "Installing TM 9 0".

Actually I am a SD Consultant and thought to start by "Integrating_ TM_ERP". In the beginning of this document there are other prerequisite notes with Correction instructions...

After there are also several Business functions to activate... I joined a Basis Consultant to help with this technical details. Anyway I would like to know if you have already experienced this and if you could give me some advice. The right sequence of these documents, a shorter path, etc...

Regards,

Renato Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renato

Have you configured the TM integration already? I suggest you to follow the documents below

http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS%5FBUS2012/helpdata/EN/01/9d545be62b47f38d74de8c52534aff/frameset.htm

If it is the case please close the thread.

Thank you

Eduardo Chagas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laughs.. Actually now I am working together with a group of Basis consultants to see from where to start. There are so many customizing documents... I am new with this component. I have more experience with SD. We will connect TM with a EHP4 Client. I found some SAP Notes for this package (order integration). I think it was you who told me TM 9.0 was coming Localização brasileira enabled, weren't you?

Thank you,

Regards,

Renato Pereira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renato

In the link I sent you there are two main documents you can use as reference. Trust me! You can use just these two documents to start!

Basic Settings for SAP Transportation Management

Basic Settings and Integration for SAP ERP

If you found an issue post here.

When you say... EHP4 you are talking about ECC. Right? Did you find the BFs there? If you want to implement the Brazil Localization... you will need ECC 6.0 EHP7 and TM 9.1.

Regards

Eduardo Chagas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your answer. I am already working on the documents with some Basis consultants from my company and I am gathering as much information as possible. So as it was said that Arcelor Mittal uses the system since release 8.0, has it been used through developments (regarding Localização)?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Renato

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recomend you to create new thread asking about that then Marcelo can explain what he did.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you realize that you need a PI resource to config the integration scenarios?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah. I think I saw this part in one of the documents I got. Anyway my basis colleagues are already addressing it... Do you have any advice on this? Regarding the Localization requirements I will ask Marcelo.

Thank you,

Regards,

Renato.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Please tell me if is like this:

Or the Localização comes from the ERP (Freight Cost Calculation)

Or I will need ECC 6.0 EHP7 and TM 9.1 (Transportation Charge Management)?

In the second option, the calculation doesn't come from the ERP?

That's why the upgrades are necessary?

Thank you,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renato,

If you´re talking about TSP yes.

For shippers and if you only need the net value of transportation costs, there´s no obligation to TM 9.1 and EHP7.

Rgs, Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renato

For new topics please open a new thread. I also see that you still have a lot open question that have been answered and you didn't close. Please review it.

I'd like also to ask you to read The SCN Rules of Engagement

I appreciate your attention

Regards

Eduardo Chagas - SAP TM Moderator

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Renato,

If you are looking for more detailed information about the services themselves that are used for the integration, have a look at the Enterprise Services for SAP TM 9.0 GA (English) document that can be found in the Installation and upgrade guide section of the Support Marketplace (sorry i cant directly link to it). There is also a guide for 8 and 9.1

Devin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Renato,

Check note 1569375.

Regards, Marcelo Lauria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Marcelo. I think I could use this note as a step-by-step to follow. But I noticed it is for releases 8 and 8.1.

Isn't there this same for release 9.1?

Thank you,

Renato