cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S-User Authorizations for Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to bother you again.

In step 2.1 of the Solution Manager Configuration: Basic Configuration, it asks for an S-User. I assume that this S-User is going to be stored permanently and therefore should be a newly created S-User. I'm not sure what authorizations are required. The instructions state to see the Security Guide, but I am unable to find that. So, what S-User authorizations are required for Solution Manager's connectivity to SAP's backend and communication?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

Please check at auth. guide for SolMan 7.1  https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001024142013E.PDF page 166. You can assign authorizations from SAP MarketPlace  at data administration -> user data.

ADMIN13.13S-Users

The S-user is a customer user stored within SAP office. It is used by the SAP customer in the following scenarios:è¥wj}À

Exchange problem messages with SAPè¥wj}À

Synchronize system data with Support Portal and send data about satellite systemsè¥wj}À

Service connectionè¥wj}À

Retrieve information about which messages have been changed at SAPè¥wj}À

To send an up-to-date version of the component ST-SER for delivery of services by SAP Active Global Supportè¥wj}À

Get some user documentation from SAP Market Place used by the Help Center within Diagnostics13.13.1S-User for SAP Backend

The S-user is needed to access SAP-internal systems via RFC destinations such as SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01. The S-user entered in these RFC - connections requires a password and has to be assigned to your customer number. For security reasons it should have no authorizations since it could be misused for direct logon.13.13.2S-User for Communication

The S-user for communication is used in various scenarios. According to these scenarios, the user needs certain authorizations. These authorizations are listed in the different scenario-specific guides.

NOTE

If a user has sufficient authorization and is assigned correctly to the appropriate S-user in transaction AISUSER, this user can display the same personal contact data (name, phone number) for a system as in SAP Support Portal, as this data is replicated from there to the Solution Manager system. Displaying this data is not logged.

13 Landscape Setup, Configuration, and Root Cause Analysis Guide

13.13 S-Users

166/534

BR,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I thought I was looking for the Security Guide for SAP Marketplace.

I created a new user and logged in to change the password. The connection appears to be working.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the link:

http://help.sap.com/solutionmanager71/

From there,

Security Guide

Under 4 - Operations you will find Security Guide. You can choose the appropriate one for your SP.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I thought I was looking for the Security Guide for SAP Marketplace.