cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIR Transfer from PPDS to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm working with PPDS and testing the CIF integration models. The model for PIRs (Primary independent requirements) works Ok when the requirements are transferred from ECC to APO, but when the PIR is created directly in PPDS is not transferred to ECC.

¿The PIR Demand generated in APO should be able to be transferred to ECC?

When I run the delta report (/SAPAPO/CCR) it shows the consistency error related with that PIR, but the only available option is to delete it from APO.

Thanks,

Jorge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge

Master data can only move in one direction, from ECC to APO, regardless of the type of master data.  Changes are never sent from APO to ECC.  Master data in ECC can be configured to transfer to APO automatically or at predefined intervals.

Transactional data can be configured to move in both directions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

But Primary Independent Requirements (PIR) is transactional data. Even is shown in the delta report (/SAPAPO/CCR) that checks consistency only for transactional data, but I've failed to transfer PIR created in PP/DS.

I want to know if someone has transferred PIR created in APO PP/DS to ECC. Its possible?

Dattasaheb Kadam thinks it is not possible, and so I am, but the existence of the distribution definition for PIR makes me doubt.

Thanks,

Jorge

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for one what do you mean by PIR created by PPDS?  PPDS does not create PIR.   PIR's are from ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

In PPDS you can create independent requirements in the product view by entering negative quantities.

Also, in Demand Planning (DP) module the forecast is considered as PIR. That means that PIR's are from ECC and APO.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

As per my understanding,  PIR means Planned Independent requirement, and NOT Primary Independent requirement.

Forecast in APO-DP can be transferred to Demand Management in SAP R/3 and then it creates planned independent requirements there. However in order to transfer forecast from APO to R/3 you need -

1. Forecast in APO

2. You should maintain Distribution Definition for 51 - Planned independent requirements using SPRO. Note it has to be set up for each location. [  SPRO->Integration via APO Core Interface (CIF)->Basic Settings for Data Transfer ->Publication ]

3. You need Transfer Profile. [   Demand Planning → Environment → Current Settings → Maintain Transfer Profiles. ] Here you specify details of source of the data in APO (Planning Area/Version/Keyfigure) and Requirement Type/Version in ECC.

Here is the link for additional details :

Transfer of the Demand Plan to R/3 Demand Management - SAP Library

Now with this kind of transfer from APO-to-SAP R/3, I do not think it will be able to pick any Forecast orders created directly in Product View(RRP3) in APO.

Such PIR will not get transferred into ECC even though you have active integration model. You will have to clean those PIRs from APO using CCR.

Integration Model required to transfer PIRs from ECC into APO.  These are PIR which you create using MD61 in ECC will be transferred to APO if you have active integration model, but not in other direction APO-to-ECC.

However I would like to understand why do you create such PIRs directly in PP/DS. What is business rationale?

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

You're right, PIR means Planned Independent requirement.

Effectively, the PIR created in PP/DS can not be transferred to ECC. I want to complement your answer with a reference to the SAP Press book "Production Planning with SAP APO":

Planned independent requirements can be created in ECC and transferred to APO. However, they can also be released from APO-DP to PP/DS (or entered manually in PP/DS), in which case they only exist in APO.

They cannot then be transferred to ECC. A transfer of planned independent requirements from APO-DP to ECC is possible, but it does not occur via the CIF. Instead, it is carried out directly from demand planning using the TRANSFER To ECC function. This transfer is especially useful if APO-DP is used exclusively for demand planning, whereas production planning is done in SAP ECC without the use of PP/DS.

In the project I'm currently working the client create PIRs directly in PP/DS because DP and SNP aren't implemented. A logistic agreement with some customers is planned using independent requirements instead of orders, and the client wants to manage this process in APO. These planned requirements don't need to be transferred to ECC, but the client wanted to know if it was possible and if it was desirable (to have a consistent dataset in both systems).

Thanks,

Jorge

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jorge for the feedback and also the details which you shared from SAP press book.

Basically below are the ways for transfer.

DP-to-PP/DS - can be transferred.  (Release Profile)

DP-to-ECC - can be transferred.  (Transfer Profile and Publication)

ECC to PP/DS - can be transferred. (MD61 to create and CIF Transfer)

But PP/DS -to ECC - cannot be transferred.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

As per my understanding,

1. PIR transfer is available from SAP ECC to APO through CIF.

2. We can also transfer forecast data from APO Demand planning to SAP ECC through transaction /SAPAPO/REL_TO_OLTP. .

3. The planned order objects which can be transferred from APO to ECC are either in-house planned order or external procurement element- PR.  The planned orders and purchase requisitions created in SAP APO are transferred to SAP R/3. Other elements such as production orders, purchase orders, and reservations are transferred from SAP R/3 to SAP APO. Changes to orders are transferred from SAP APO to SAP R/3 and vice versa.

However, I do think that changes to PIRs( originally transferred from ECC to APO) made in APO are transferred back to ECC, neither the PIRs directly created in PPDS are transferred to ECC.

That is the reason, in CIF Delta report (/SAPAPO/CCR), system will not show option for transfer of PIR from APO to ECC.

I hope this gives some inight.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Datta,

In the last paragraph do you mean that changes to PIRs ARE transferred or ARE NOT transferred back to ECC?

Regards,

Jorge

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Do you have Distribution defination defined for Planned Independent Requirements in Publication.

I think this may be the cause.

Regards,

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhay,

Yes, I do have set the distribution definition for Planned Independent Requirements.

What I'm understanding is that is required to maintain a distribution definition for documents in order to transfer them to ECC (Publication of Planning Results - Data Transfer - SAP Library), But with PIR is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Yes, I mean changes to PIRs done in APO will not be transferred back to SAP ECC.

regards

Datta

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you missing publication settings in APO?

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Do you have Integration models created for this PIR...

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes... and those models work to transfer from ECC to APO, but not in the other way