cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add files as attachments in ESS as "file" option is inactive

richard_wingerd2
Explorer
0 Kudos

We currently use standard SAP attachment functionality to attach documents in ESS and the documents are stored in SAP.  We recently applies support packs but after the the application of support packs, this functionality is no longer working as before as the option to attach a file is still shown, however, you cannot select it as it is grayed out or inactive.  It looks to me like a configuration issue but I cannot find any where in our UI configuration where this option is inactive.  Prior to support packs we did not customize the configuration but used standard delivered SAP configuration.  The attachments
"before support packs" and "after support packs" show the change.  I have also attached screen shots of our UI configuration that show the file option should be active.

We are trying to debug the program to isolate the issue but have had no luck so far.

Any suggestions or ideas to assist would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I don't have access to the system at the moment but will you check if the return value of OAA is 1 in feature TRVPA?

Will check tomorrow if this doesn't work.

Ankur

richard_wingerd2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I checked the value for OAA in TRVPA and it is currently set to 1 and I confirmed the feature is active.  Thanks for the helpful suggestion.

Rich

0 Kudos

Hi Rich

This can sometimes be a BC-WD-ABA issue and fixed by the rendering corrections for your basis release. (so next question which is your Basis and EA_HR version and also which browser and OS are you using?)

I presume this file path is visible elsewhere in other ESS applications?

cheers

Sally

richard_wingerd2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

We are currently on EA-HR 60543 and Basis 70214.  OS is Windows 7 with IE 8.

We are looking at our basis settings and have been able to isolate the issue to the "File" option being set to read only.  I have attached a screen shot of the UI attribute properties.  We just cannot determine why or where this attribute is being set as read only.

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I am not an expert in web dynpro but i'll still have a go at this. I am pretty sure that you can change the setting for this by going through SE80 for web dynpro component FITV_VC_TRIP_DOCUMENTS and in view V_ATTA, double click on 'file' radio button to open the properties. For property 'readOnly' you can change the context binding for this to Visible (see screenshot below).

Hope this helps

Ankur

richard_wingerd2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

When I looked at the attribute settings in SE80, the attribute was not set as read only.  However, your suggestion did point us in the right direction and we found a note(1937263) which was released on 11.12.2013 that solved our issue.

Thanks for your assistance.

Rich

0 Kudos

Good to hear.. that was a very recent note!

Answers (0)