Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC client exception, RFC receiver adapter issue

shubhnam_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a very basic scenario for File --> RFC but facing an issue now.

Exception caught by adapter framework: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling ZPI_ORDER in remote system (RfcClient[CC_Rfc_SO_EccDev]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: connection closed without message (CM_NO_DATA_RECEIVED) (remote system is DEV|eccdev)

Environment is: AEX (PI7.31, JAVA ONLY)

I am trying note# 1863563, backend system kernel is 720, SP lvl 500.

Attached are the scr-shots for the CC, Ping, Destinations in NWA.

Kindly advise.

--

rgds

Shubhnam Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

shubhnam_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Issue was with the rfc, it had 'Commit Work' in it which would not work in the trfc async scenario.

Now, the msg is shown as delivered in the PI CC monitoring but I can't see any msg in SXMB_MONI in the ECC system. How do i verify if the msg is getting posted.

--

rgds

Shubhnam

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhnam,

check the SXMB_ADM parameter for the runtime logging configuration.

Regards,

Harish

shubhnam_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

the parameters were already set on the ECC side.

I did verify that the data is getting posted in relevant processes, like SO is getting created etc. but still am amazed that i can't c xml in sxmb_moni for inbound rfc.

--

rgds

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhnam,

I think you can't monitor RFC messages in ECC Moni. pleaes check if the process is updated.

Regards,

Harish

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Have you checked the RFC return at least one value with your test input parameters?, have you checked the XML that you have generated to the RFC is validated with the RFC metadata that you have imported?

Regards.

shubhnam_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

This rfc is not to return any value.

I have also selected the 'schema validation: validation by adapter', just to make sure that there is no issue with the transformation.

I am not getting any visibility of the process, attached the screenshot for the monitoring.

Also, the payload i see is always of the Outbound message not that of the target message. Maybe I am not looking at the right place.

Kindly help.

--

rgds

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhnam,

You could try to check the parameter initialRfcClientConnectCheck like this note pointed (Question 20): 730870 - FAQ XI 3.0/ PI 7.0/ PI 7.1/ PI 7.11/ PI 7.2/ 7.3 RFC Adapter

Regards.

shubhnam_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for ur help, but this did not help either.

We have raised the issue with SAP. Will keep u guys posted

--

rgds

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the ECC system has multiple Application Servers, try changing the Application Server.

Also, does this ECC have Load Balancing?

--

Sndhl

shubhnam_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sendhil,

We don't have multiple application servers for EEC here or load balancing.

--

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

Check the status of the user piabap in SAP ECC SU01 t code, it should be an authorization/access issue.

Regards,

Pranav

shubhnam_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Its not an access issue as the adpater is able to ping the backend system with this user, also we are able to test rfc with  this user.

--

rgds

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhnam,

Your error suggest that you are able to call RFC ZPI_ORDER but it fails either because of dump or authorization issue.

RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: connection closed without message

Please check the abap dump in SAP system (ST22) and also try to execute the RFC program with the request message locally in SAP system.

Regards,

Harish

shubhnam_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Harish,

There is no dump in st22 and the rfc program works fine with the message

--

rgds