cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobilink synchronization error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm fairly new to Mobilink Synchronization, so I'm doing thise tutorial -->Tutorial: Using Mobilink with an Adaptive Server Enterprise consolidated database. I'm using the trial version of SQL Anywhere 16 developer edition. I'm not using the sample database that comes with it, I'm using my own. So, I'm on lesson 5 and trying to create a mobilink project and synchronization model.

However, it's giving me an error saying:

A database error has occurred. ml_ra_schema_name not found. Specify owner.objectame or use sp_help to check whether the object exists.

Any idea what am I missing? Any output is appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gabrielle,

Which exact step of the tutorial lesson are you seeing this error on? Is this on the final step where you click "Finish" and we're performing the "Checking for MobiLink System Setup" step...?

Here is what I see when I do this:

---

This step of the Wizard is looking to see if the ASE consolidated database already has the MobiLink system tables installed. The error you have posted is suggesting that the MobiLink system table set up is not correct. The system tables are usually automatically installed by the wizard at this step if they are not installed already, with a prompt to the user to confirm that these should be deployed:

If you would like to manually install the MobiLink system tables yourself into ASE, the SQL script is located here: %SQLANY16%\MobiLink\Setup\syncase.sql

Some questions:

1. Has this database ever had the MobiLink system tables installed on it previously?
  2. Is this a 'new' copy of the 'pubs2' ASE sample database?
  3. Have you ever seen the 'prompt' screen to install the MobiLink system tables in Sybase Central?

Regards,

Jeff Albion

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got this problem fixed. It turns out that for some reason, my syncase.sql file doesn't contain all the tables that needs to be created because I'm running SQL Anywhere 16 on a 32 bit pc. So, what I did is to install SQL Anywhere 16 on a pc that runs a 64 bit. And when I checked on the syncase.sql file, it contains the missing tables. I don't know why the syncase.sql file of a 32 bit is different from a 64 bit.

Answers to your questions:

1. No, i deleted all the tables, triggers, procedures that have been created by mobilink

2. No, because I'm using my own database

3. Yes, I did and I clicked 'yes' since it's my first time running mobilink.

xionghe
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The syncase.sql in 32 bit and 64 bit should be the same.

Did you have a copy of 32 bit?  Just compare it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did and they are different

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gabrielle,

I did a quick check, and I installed SQL Anywhere 16 on to a Windows 7 x86 machine and on to a Windows 7 x64 machine - the diff between the "\MobiLink\Setup\syncase.sql" files doesn't show any differences for myself.

Could you clarify which sections are actually missing? Are you confident that both of these files came from a full SQL Anywhere 16 installation?

Regards,

Jeff Albion

xionghe
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

If they are different, could you attach the diff between these two files?  If so, it should be a bug for the installer. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed mine to a Windows XP x86 machine.

the attached file is my syncase.sql and that file doesn't contain all the the necessary tables, procedures etc that needs to be installed by mobilink.

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gabrielle,

Do you have a full SQL Anywhere 16 installation or a deployment of it (built from another installation)?

What was the file path that you found this file on - was it c:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere 16\MobiLink\Setup\syncase.sql ?

This copy is a much older copy of the file (from what appears to be a 9.0.0.x installation) - here's the copyright date at the top:

-- Copyright 1988-2003 iAnywhere Solutions, Inc.  All rights reserved.

and here's the one from SQL Anywhere 16:

-- Copyright (c) 2013 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.

Regards,

Jeff Albion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the trial version of SQL Anywhere 16.

That is the path where I found it.

xionghe
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,  this is not correct.

In the trial version of SA16,  the syncase.txt locates at:

{SA16}\MobiLink\Setup\syncase.sql.

The content looks like:

-- Copyright (c) 2013 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.

--

-- Create the MobiLink Server system tables and stored procedures in

-- a Sybase ASE consolidated database.

--

create table ml_ldap_server (

I think you are using the old historic syncase.sql, perhaps comes from ASA9.

Answers (0)