cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoke Webservice and retrieve PDF file within one scenario on PI 7.31 Double Stack?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I'm running on a bit of different understanding of a given scenario that I have:

We have a webservice from an in-house system. This webservice creates a pdf-file based on a given xml-string via post-method. So you call the webservice and after some time (about 30 seconds) you retrieve the pdf-file.

This service needs to be invoked from within our sap ecc system via proxy communication. Then the call gets through to the webservice. But then I'm stuck with the design thinking. How can I retrieve the pdf and send it back to the sap ecc system? It should be posted to a unix file directory.

Can this be handled within one interface or do I need to create a integration process? We are currently running on a PI 7.31 Duble Stack, so no chance for SAP PO..

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

This scenario can be done in two async scenarios. First flow Web service to ECC, second ECC (proxy) to Unix (File).

Once the Post method is sent to ECC, Wait step can be included in abap program and pdf file should be sent as attachment in proxy message. you can place the PDF file on Unix folder using swap bean module.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram, this is a good solution. I'll give it a try this way!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You can handle this in one synchronous interface.

The message flow is like

ECC -(synchronous proxy)-> PI -(Call webservice via SOAP/HTTP)-> Webservice

you need to move the pdf response to Unix directory (on ECC) from proxy code.you can also send the pdf as attachment in response to ECC.

Regards,

Harish