cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas - Property Manipulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been playing around with some scripting and I'm curious if you can modify the properties of screen controls during runtime?  For example, say the user performs an action, and I want to change the text of the Title Bar once the action is complete, or I want to make other fields Visible or Invisible based on that action.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Respectfully,

Cheryl Sutton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is currently no way to manipulate most of the object properties from a Personas script. You can change the text of objects, typically, using an Enter Value or Paste value action. That's about it.

You can fake visibility changes by overlaying a label object and pasting into it spaces or an empty value so that it hides, or not, what is underneath. See 's response in this thread for details - . You can't have other visible objects then occupy the same space, though.

Does that help?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does help.  I'm mainly a C# programmer, so it initially seemed like modifying these properties would be possible.  But after trying a multitude of different things, I figured I would come see if anyone else had been able to figure it out.  I did manage a sort-of workaround to the visible / invisible trick as you mentioned, so I can use that if the need arises.

I would definitely like to throw my hat in the "development ideas" ring and say that this might be something for SAP to look at implementing in future versions.

Thanks for your input!

~ Cheryl

Answers (0)