cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport tool tp error: Transport profile parameter NEW_SAPNAMES may not be system specific!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am encountering a fatal error in the configuration of the Transport Management System:

"Transport profile parameter NEW_SAPNAMES may not be system specific!"

This error occurs in my new system in two situations in transaction STMS:

a) Menu SAP system -> Check -> Transport tool: result of the checks 'DB Connect and 'Offline Call' contains the above error

b) Display TMS Configuration for the system -> Menu Goto -> tp parameters: reading the complete set of tp parameters fails with the above error.

The tp parameter NEW_SAPNAMES is set to true (required for packaging of ABAP code with the Add-On Assembly Kit)

Even after reading the TMS online help and the PDF on the Transport Management Tools, I don't have a clear idea what could be the reason for that error. Does anyone of you have experience or helpful hints on that?

Thanks a lot,

Ringo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved. There were two reasons:

1. The tp parameter for file open mode ABAP/NTFMODE = b (as mentioned in the Add-On Assembly Kit docu) should not be added, instead set the existing parameter ABAPNTFMODE (without / ) from value t to value b

2. The tp parameter NEW_SAPNAMES = 1 already existed. Need to check that before adding it, once it is added on top of the existing one, it will not be possible to check the tp parameters by menu Goto -> tp parameters.

Now both checks mentioned in the original question under a) are successful and displaying all tp parameters under b) works fine.

Wish you a lot of success,

Ringo