cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business system ->Business component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deal Experts -

We have 3 environments in our landscape (dev,quality and production). Each has got it's own SLD i.e. local SLD.

Unfortunately all the system are defined with the same name across the landscape. i.e. ECC system is defined as SYS_ECC in dev,qua and production.

For configuring CTS+ and to define transport path i believe the system names have to be defined with different name in each environment.

As it's not possible with the current configuration, we are planning to create business components(communication component as business service) instead of business systems which 'll avoid SLD check during transports even though objects have same name.

If we have to go with Business system, we have to delete the existing system and create new.

what is the ideal approach to follow.

I know it is silly to ask but just wanted to know if we go with business component approach, would there be any impact on licensing?(we are on CPU based licensing).

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

in general scenario,

business service name will be same in all systems(dev,Qua,prod).

business systems names will be different.

it is not possible to transport with same business systems name and different business service name.

best way will be create new business systems with different name. and reconfigure the id objects.(even you if you go for business service you have to do this reconfiguration).

business systems have nothing to do with licensing. correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan _ Thanks for your reply.

To go with business system approach,

I'll have delete the existing systems and create new one's as we can not create new business systems for the same logical client.

however are you sure about this?

it is not possible to transport with same business systems name and different business service name.

Can you please share any document/reference link if you have any?

Thank you.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I did not find any blogs for this. but you can check this.

this one gives you the idea what are the stops will be involved.

Renaming Business System in SLD? | SCN

however are you sure about this?

are you asking about this? correct me if I understood wrong.

for business service I had the same issue:

for business system check this 

could you please tell us about number of interfaces you have?

all your interfaces are in prod system(live)?

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

you need to define the business system in SLD. you can not have IDOC, Proxy communication with ECC without business system in SLD.

Please check the below link for more detail

http://scn.sap.com/people/boris.zarske/blog/2008/03/21/sld-general-recommendation-how-to-set-up-the-...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/ae/e3bd4f6b61e146ad1384954ecabb41/content.htm

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish - It's not true i guess.

We can develop IDOC/proxy interfaces by using business service as well. We can add the adapter specific attributes manually in ID.

You can check  - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd1...

My question is not about creating a business system but its about

How should i handle transporting the objects using CTS+ when the business systems are defined with the same name across the systems?

Thanks for your help

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I don't think there is a way to handel different business system define with same name across system.

you need to define the transport track and for that you need to define all the business system (Dev, QA and Prod) in all SLD.

Regards,

Harish