cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt CVCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What are corrupt CVCs in the demand planning, how to identify and delete them..

Please share your ideas..

BR,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello BR,

Below three program will help you find out and repair any corrupt/invalid CVCs or inconsistencies.

1. /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONS_CHECK : Consistency Check for MPOS.

2. /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC : Adjust Time Series for MPOS. This we would run essentially after creating CVCs.

3. /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK : Consistency Check for Planning Area.

4. /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE : Planning Area Initialization

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish, Iam aware of these already. Recently we had an issue with a DP planning area, where we had to contact SAP support, they came back saying there were 2 corrupt CVCs that were causing the problem..they identified and deleted them..before contacting them we did all what you wrote.

My question is how to trace the corrupt CVCs in the APO system?

Please share your ideas.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh sorry, earlier I forgot to mention about one important report.

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG             Check liveCache time series master data

This helps detect and resolve such issues.

Based on my experience - When other standard program could not fix the issue,  This program has helped me in the past (on 3-4 occasions) to resolve the issue.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again Satish.. we had tried this consistency report too..

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good. I think you should ask this question to SAP. I am sure they will happily tell you the answer - what they did to detect the erroneous CVCs and how they corrected it.

Please do post if you get any details.

Thank you,

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umm..

Waiting for other experts ideas/suggestions too. lets see what they say..

I can not contact the SAP now..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Corrupt CVC's can mean (one of the reasons) SAME CVC having 2 or more GUID's (PLANNING OBJECT ID's) in the generated infocube of the MPOS (you will find this in RSA1 > Infocubes > Generated Info-cube).

you can query this cube just like any other cube. You can dump the stuff into excel and pivot to see which CVC has non-Unique GUID's. There are dates and such options to figure out something based on "when" this started happening

In such cases, the only option is to delete the said CVC. Re-create and rebuild all data.. there are other ways depending on whether you take a back up etc.

I have faced this issue an year ago and preferred to rebuild the whole thing from flat files. Clean, safe and hassle free and less time doing research for SAP. The source of such corruption can be several Also try the RSA1 info-object repair programs... there a scores of check options in a language anything but English there.but in all likelihood the repair program may not fix duplicate GUID's issue. You can freely run these harmless programs

Also check the master data tables of the corr. info-objects to see the status - active / revised and the SID key.. and see if something is a misfit to the star schema i.e. the DIM ID - SID links and such.

Hope this helps

Thanks

BS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you BS. It is very helpful to me..

Best Regards,

Answers (0)